Who's getting in on the crypto-currency rush?

Discussion in 'DVU' started by HunterPKP, Dec 12, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 24 users.
  1. HunterPKP

HunterPKP
    Expand Collapse

I got in last week on Litecoin at around 90 per coin with an initial $1K investment. Now Litecoin at 380ish per. Anyone else in on this? Any tips, etc? I'm a novice and would love to learn more. Acquaintance who is in wealth management here in Atlanta told me to hold onto it as well. That once the big banks get involved it will explode. Seems like it's exploding right now. Thoughts? Would love to learn more.

2. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Is this even remotely legitimate? I'd be willing to play with it for a few bucks if I knew how

3. HunterPKP

HunterPKP
    Expand Collapse

Not sure how legit it is, but the New York Times is writing articles about it. I'm using Coinbase, but Binance appears to be another one. I only invested as much as I didn't care losing. Treating it like it's Vegas.

cuangler likes this.
  4. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

That's how I'd roll, too. I will look into it.

5. statebird

statebird
    Expand Collapse
    Let's go rip some throats
    First 38

I have tried to learn about this and have a loose understanding. A buddy of mine has been investing in crypto’s for a few months and has diversified into a few different currencies. His opinion is that Bitcoin is like Blackberry in that it will be the catalyst for getting people into the crypto currencies but may not actually end up being the preferred one. I think Euro banks are doing transactions in Ripple as well so that prob has staying power.

Obviously there are a lot of big investors into the currencies but there seem to be a lot of people investing small sums similar to your Vegas analogy. Makes for an interesting future to see where those people choose to take their profits. Then you have Wall St getting involved now, you’d have to have some huge balls to short it imo.

My fear isn’t that it’s similar to silver a few years ago. An analyst got into a conversation with a soccer mom who had never discussed investing with him and said she had bought silver positions. That’s when he knew the peak was near. Tons of news and discussion about it now...buy the rumor sell the news?

6. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

[​IMG]

u jelly, Animal Mother and Adam like this.
  7. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

i threw in about $700 back in june in different coins

worth about $5k now. i treat it like gambling

NST, cuangler, kylebw7 and 1 other person like this.
  8. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I've been in for about two years.

Yes. Its legit.

There are a lot of Alts. All of them are "the next big thing" . My advice is to stick with whatever is widely available. Coinbase is the most popular platform / exchange.

Once you get a large amount of $$$$, move your digital currency to a hardware wallet. There have been a couple of exchanges that have been hacked which led to a lot of people losing a lot of money. Trezor seems to be the popular hardware wallet.

A hardware wallet is basically an external hard drive that stores your ALTS so that no one can steal them unless they steal the hard drive.

Tiger Roll likes this.
  9. Byrnes6d1

Byrnes6d1
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Lots of my buddies have gotten into this the past week. Quadrupled what they put in.

I don’t understand it so i will stay away.

10. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

1. Get a coinbase account
    2. Click buy -Ltc or eth
    3. Enjoy your money.

It's that simple. It's very intuitive with a user friendly interface.

Adam likes this.
  11. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I've got a few bucks I won from gambling already this year that I wouldn't risking. Can someone post a quick and dirty guide to it here? Maybe a link to where you learned?

What I need to download etc.

12. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Had some leftover money from gambling that I just put in this morning. Still trying to decide if now is the time to buy litecoin.

Strictly doing this for entertainment. May try and play with some of the smaller fish once I figure everything out.

13. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Goto coinbase.com. Create an account. Link your bank account (theyll have instructions). Download the app. Boom. It's that easy.

There are icons on the app that say buy and sell. Click buy....selecr what you want to buy (I suggest ltc or eth) and that's it.

14. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Goto coinbase.com. Create an account. Link your bank account (theyll have instructions). Download the app. Boom. It's that easy.

There are icons on the app that say buy and sell. Click buy....selecr what you want to buy (I suggest ltc or eth) and that's it.

Adam likes this.
  15. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

MauldinT likes this.
  16. Animal Mother

Animal Mother
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I recommend taking out a few loans to put towards this...

17. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I remember when someone tried to convince me to buy Bitcoin back when it was like $100. I told them it sounded stupid and a quick way to lose a ton of money. Then it hit $1000 and I remember thinking "fuck I missed the boat on that one." I still haven't bought any and feel retarded but I'm convinced that as soon as I put any money in that's when it will crash and my wife will want to murder me.

NST and Adam like this.
  18. HBG

HBG
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I found the updated BB Jesus thread it seems ....

19. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I had some Bitcoin when it was almost worthless. Wish I held onto it.

20. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce
    Expand Collapse

I'm in on BTC, LTC, and ETH. Nothing big at all...just some spare cash from my side hustles. I got in on LTC before it spiked which was nice.

Never put in more than you can afford to lose. I treat it like any other investment that I have, just a way to diversify where I put my money. Wifey doesn't care as long as I'm using money from the side hustles.

Dabo's Dance Coach likes this.
  21. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

"Side hustles"...read: ZJs.

22. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce
    Expand Collapse

...says one of my top customers.

23. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

24. Tiger Roll

Tiger Roll
    Expand Collapse
    allergic to jean shorts

Definitely not too late. BTC was at $450 in May 2016. It is now $17,000/per. Lite is $360 r n and soaring. Can't hurt to throw some slush-fund money in there.

On a side note; Litecoin is also a quicker technology than BTC, more secure and cheaper per transaction. No reason why it can't excel in the market.

The cool thing about crypto is that it can do everything that material money can do, in addition to being broken up and sold piece by piece. You also wont need a third party to digitally transfer money to other people.

#23 Tiger Roll, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    cuangler and a congressman like this.
  25. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Been playing around with some Bitcoin and Ethereum. Waiting to get verified with Bitstamp to purchase some IOTA. I also opened a USI account and have a couple investments there that have been earning well so far - not as much as straight buying Bitcoin, but don't have to worry about the volatility...they are going to triple in the next 130 days at the current rate.

I use Coinbase as well. Very easy, but high transaction costs.

#24 Heism4n, Dec 12, 2017
  26. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

I've been looking at IOTA a bit but nothing too in-depth yet. I like the idea of no transaction fees.

27. Tiger Roll

Tiger Roll
    Expand Collapse
    allergic to jean shorts

I'd recommend following Charlie Lee (@SatoshiLite) Litecoin CEO on twitter. He offers good insight and articles on crypto throughout the day. It's also nice to see a friendly face represent the technology as well as interact with followers.

#26 Tiger Roll, Dec 12, 2017
  28. MauldinT

MauldinT
    Expand Collapse
    The pride of Simpsonville

I understood about none of that

:mindfuck:

29. DV81

DV81
    Expand Collapse

30. Tiger Roll

Tiger Roll
    Expand Collapse
    allergic to jean shorts

Starting to make enough where I need to start storing my coins safely. At the same time, I know little about the different wallets. Are you familiar with Exodus? I have a buddy who swears by it, and its free. Not an external hard drive tho which kinda worries me.

31. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I collect bicentennial quarters.

32. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Honestly don't have much info on exodus at all. Try tmb....

33. ACCfootprint

ACCfootprint
    Expand Collapse
    Still rocks "Dabo 2008" bumper sticker

Cryptos have to be the most interesting economic development at least since the dotcom bubble, but it’s definitely a hot potato.

The idea of cryptocurrency seems to have a lot of value but the math behind some of these absurd predictions doesn’t add up. Bitcoin alone has close to a $300B market cap (i.e., all the Bitcoins in existence are worth that much combined). If BTC were to go $100k per coin, that number becomes $1.7T or $17T at $1M per coin (some people actually believe that this could happen). Considering that the entire US stock market is worth something like $30T and Bitcoin has no earnings and is accepted by virtually no businesses, this seems flat out impossible. At some point, Bitcoin is going to run out of people who believe in it and the people already in it will start taking profits. The crash will be historic so don’t be the guy that buys at $40k. Even if you’re temporarily right and it goes to $60k, let’s say, the chances are high that you’ll get crushed in the end.

Adam and a congressman like this.
  34. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Are all of you just using coinbase, or are you in binance too? I'd like to put a few bucks in a few other currencies, but it looks like you can only make deposits into binance with bitcoin.

35. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

lol what?

36. ACCfootprint

ACCfootprint
    Expand Collapse
    Still rocks "Dabo 2008" bumper sticker

#35 ACCfootprint, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)