Travel/Job Thread

Discussion in 'DVU' started by tiger tiger woods y'all, Jul 16, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 67 users.
  1. J_E

J_E
    Expand Collapse
    God Bless Dabo

Green Man is cool. Burial has better beer though.

2. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I'm a big Green Man fan.

3. J_E

J_E
    Expand Collapse
    God Bless Dabo

then you made the right choice.

SackLodge likes this.
  4. Lyrtch

Lyrtch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

wifes job hunt is in gear

going to be back in the upstate in two weeks for first time in two years

Buzz and Clemson327 like this.
  5. stevesmoothie

stevesmoothie
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Hard to beat Ballast Point when in San Diego...also hit Coronado brewing company today and it was solid as well

Attached Files:

6. phil brickma

phil brickma
    Expand Collapse
    Resident North Tennessee Native
    RCUSA Original

Can somebody who lives (or is from) the Atlanta area, recommend a good resteraunt for a "Lunch and Learn"? We have a bunch of resellers in that area and need a place to hold a technical training. Would you recommend Buckhead, Midtown , etc. The last time we had one our event planner shit the bed, so I'm taking into my own hands.

7. Clemson327

Clemson327
    Expand Collapse
    Dean of Redneck Engineering
    RCUSA Original

Any recommendations for food/things to do in Prague? My wife and I are spending a long weekend there while I'm working in Nuremberg for two weeks.

cuangler likes this.
  8. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

How quiet or closed off does it need to be? @HunterPKP is your resident Atlanta food guru.

#883 SackLodge, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  9. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

La Degustation Boheme Bourgeoise

I have never been to Prague, or even Europe for that matter, but I had a buddy go. He raved about that place. He also said he had some really good Italian while he was there too. Ill see if I can find out which place.

Clemson327 likes this.
  10. J_E

J_E
    Expand Collapse
    God Bless Dabo

Golden Corral. :denzel:

MauldinT likes this.
  11. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I'll try and chime in on this tmw. I visited last October and loved the city.

Clemson327 likes this.
  12. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

@Lyrtch thanks for the tips. We left Seattle this morning.
    Did pike place both days. Beechers, pike place chowder (my God that was out of this world?, six seven (lawd, that was awesome too), and the city pass which was amazing. Got to do 4 items in the booklet. Did an hour tour of the Sound, glass museum, aquarium, and space needle.

On our way to gold beach now. Did an hour at cannon beach. Pulled over at a handful of stops on the side of the road to take it all in. This is just unreal. Saw our first whaleS. We pulled over and there the were in all their glory bout 100yds out.

San fran tmrw!

Lyrtch likes this.
  13. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

While on the coast I got talked into going back to work. I'm coming out of retirement next Monday. I'm only going to stay on long enough to see a few projects through. Only reason I'm doing it is to get my fam to stfu and I get two weeks at the NYC crib without getting bitched at. Going to push me to the extra figure then I'm done again. Always wanted 9 anyway

14. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Hopefully a job taste-testing bleach.

15. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I just can't wait for pics of him in NYC for two weeks straight

16. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

IMG_20170717_0932223.jpg
    Yall. You have to do the road trip! Nothing short of spectacular!

This is Gold Beach, Oregon. They sand is a mid to dark gray.... With smooth rocks rather than lots of sea shells. For obvious reasons, we got a few for giving 110% this fall!

17. HunterPKP

HunterPKP
    Expand Collapse

Just now seeing this. @phil brickma how can I be of assistance? Number of people? Budget? Food type? Ambiance? These all matter.

18. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Sorry it took me a bit longer to respond but I will offer some help where I can, even though it won't be much. Overall, I highly suggest checking out Old City part of town. Lots of amazing architecture all around. Walking to the main square and seeing the clock town chime is really neat. Also, walking over the bridge to Castle Prague. It's crowded and chaos, but still neat. You can pay to go in the bridge tower on the city side and though a little pricey, it gives a neat view of the bridge and city. I didn't get to spend much time in Castle Prague but we did climb the church tower and you are sitting over the entire city, which is one hell of a view. However, it's a decently intense walk up the steps to it and if either of you are at all claustrophobic then this is not for you at all.

As far as food and drinks, I don't have any specific suggestions as I was with a local co-worker so she took me everywhere I needed to go. But the drinks were wildly inexpensive (like $1.50 USD for a liter of good pilsner beer) and the food is good and cheap as well. So don't get too turned off by any restaurants without calculating the exchange rate. I took my coworker out to dinner as a thank you to a new, modern Asian cuisine restaurant in the old city area and for 3 drinks, an app, and 2 entrees the meal put me back around $35 USD.

Clemson327 likes this.
  19. theCountryGentleman

theCountryGentleman
    Expand Collapse
    I feel like I'm on a spaceship...
    RCUSA Original

Any advice on a quick trip to Vegas? Wife wants to see Celine Dion and I want to spend a day at the Grand Canyon.

Any tour recommendations? Best places to stay? The show is at Cesar's Palace so the closer I am there the better.

Best ways to book? Any tips or tricks? Novice traveler here...

20. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

You do realize the Grand Canyon is pretty far right?

21. theCountryGentleman

theCountryGentleman
    Expand Collapse
    I feel like I'm on a spaceship...
    RCUSA Original

Yep. That's why I said a day. Should still get a good 3 hours there despite travel.

22. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Go see Hoover Dam early in the morning before it gets hot (around 8AM). Only 25 minutes from the strip. Stop at The Coffee Cup in Boulder City on the way there for one of the best breakfasts you'll ever eat.

SackLodge and CoastalOrange like this.
  23. gvtiger07

gvtiger07
    Expand Collapse

Upgrade your rental car at the airport. They have a ridiculous selection and they weren't that expensive. I had a Camaro SS convertible for about $40/day, and driving to the Hoover Dam with the top down gave some awesome views.

CoastalOrange, Styx and OrangeONeill like this.
  24. RIP Tiger Tails

RIP Tiger Tails
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Going to St. Lucía for 9 days in the middle of August. Plan on splitting the stay between the north and south of the island and renting a car to get around. Any tips would be appreciated.

clemsonswag and FriendsofJtyler like this.
  25. haywood jablowme

haywood jablowme
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

About to head to Edinburgh Scotland for work in a few weeks(for a week). I am super stoked. Any recommendations?

26. RIP Tiger Tails

RIP Tiger Tails
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Play golf and drink

gvtiger07 and haywood jablowme like this.
  27. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Try the haggis. Speak in nothing but So I Married An Axe Murderer quotes. Drink scotch, but not the peated Islay crap. Bring me a kilt.

TheTigerMan and haywood jablowme like this.
  28. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I'm in Vegas now. Crazy.

29. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I just had an incredible experience at the KC Airport. Truly a top notch establishment.

NST likes this.
  30. Byrnes6d1

Byrnes6d1
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Don't fall off the roads into The sea.

Grand pitons are cool. Most of the island is 3rd world country. The beer is good. Piton. Good golf courses. 80 and breezy all day and night.

clemsonswag and RIP Tiger Tails like this.
  31. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Be sure to ask where you can see some leprechauns.

haywood jablowme likes this.
  32. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Hate that place. Is this sarcasm?

33. haywood jablowme

haywood jablowme
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

34D222C0-B3D0-4526-B7FD-D14E7AFEB992-2304-00000503C7C6C8BA.jpeg

34. CUvinny

CUvinny
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Visiting Amsterdam for the weekend, any suggestions besides going to the red light district

35. Papa

Papa
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Was there a couple weekends ago. Van Gogh museum was surprisingly one of my favorite places. Don't do the hop on/hop off shit....you spend more time trying to find the place to pick up the bus and it would be cheaper to just grab a couple of cabs to go from one place to another. You can see the Anne Frank house, but you won't be able to tour. You have to book those tickets well in advance. Overall, Amsterdam wasn't my favorite place. I much more enjoyed the Dutch village "Zaanse Schans" less than a half hour north of Amsterdam with functioning windmills you can go inside of (windmills used to crush things, cut logs, etc.), clog making, etc. https://www.dezaanseschans.nl/en/

CUvinny likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. kylebw7