The UFO Thread: I Want to Believe

Discussion in 'DVU' started by tboon6317, Dec 20, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

Hopefully this isn't some super clever way to prepare us for the new season of The X-Files, but the NY Times created some buzz this weekend by reporting on a couple of stories involving a multimillion dollar DOD black budget program that investigated potential extraterrestrial activity and a bizarre encounter involving Navy pilots off the coast of San Diego in 2004.

This kind of shit fascinates me, though I was recently listening to a podcast where a scientist just hammered home the seemingly physical impossibility of interstellar travel (he actually suggested that if there are aliens visiting us that they could be robotic in nature and sent by technologically advanced cultures since in his opinion biological entities can't survive such travel). What says DVU on the matter? I tend to think the universe is sufficiently large enough that we aren't the only species floating in space, but the requirements of space travel both in terms of time and energy seem pretty fucking undoable apart from some catch-all wormhole theory.

#1 tboon6317, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I think they've been here all along and just rose up from the underwater cities the government has been hiding

3. Equinsu Ocha

Equinsu Ocha
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

4. Aaron Nevilles Pet Tick

Aaron Nevilles Pet Tick
    Expand Collapse
    Dabo Wizard
    RCUSA Original

It would make sense that our first contact would be with a drone from another species, if it happens/happened.

Ideally, as a biological species you would design self replicating drones to explore the vastness of the universe. That is, something that is able to land on a suitable planet/moon/rock and replicate or multiply itself and set off to the next closet thing to explore, so as you expand this network you eventually are dealing with billions and billions of drones. They'd communicate back whatever data the aliens find relevant and then could either decide to investigate, attempt to communicate, etc.

tboon6317 likes this.
  5. Tiger Roll

Tiger Roll
    Expand Collapse
    allergic to jean shorts

Exactly. We've had many late nite conversations about that. An unmanned aircraft or probe would be sent to explore initially, otherwise it would be too dangerous and risky.

That being said, some sort of government/military is testing going on. This whole story is weird AF. Agencies don't just offer up this caliber of sensitive material to the public.

6. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce
    Expand Collapse

The Navy pilots story was just a way to hide in plain sight. I'm willing to bet our own government is testing some super sweet next next next gen shit and the easiest way to hide it is to blame aliens.

Don't look at what they are telling you. Ask yourself why are they telling you this...

I wish x-files would come back...

7. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It is. Next episode is January 3rd.

8. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It's back January 3.

9. Pawpride

Pawpride
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I went down the rabbit hole last week reading about these guys before the videos dropped.

The real interesting thing is this effort is being spear headed by a new company called To The Stars Academy. Luis Ezlindo, mentioned in the above article. Just quit his job leading this UFO program to go work with Tom Delonge. Tom Delonge, the rock star from Blink 182 is the president and CEO of the company. He just convinced 5 highly qualified individuals from our Defense programs/CIA to join his company. Tom claims years ago he “figured out” the mystery of UFO’s and because of his rock star status was approached by high ranking senators and figure heads in our government.

Here is the podcast with Joe Rogan where Tom Delonge sounds like a crazy person. But seems very confident in what he is saying and his relationships with the top people in our government.

10. orangeonmymind

orangeonmymind
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I knew that WALL-E was on to something.

11. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Speaking of X Files, was flipping channels last night and stopped on S3 E3 from 1995, called "DPO". Giovanni Ribisi was struck by lightning, and gains some extraordinary powers, which he uses to murder people in his small town. His best friend is Jack Black. Nobody knew them fools in 1995.

[​IMG]

Also, this thread fascinates, will follow.

TheTigerMan and Billdozer like this.
  12. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

Expand Collapse

Well shit. WISH GRANTED.

13. GobbledyGoo

GobbledyGoo
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Sorry, I had to.

14. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Yeah, one of my favorite episodes from 1996 had Ryan Reynolds and the girl that wound up on That 70s Show (she later died IRL after getting strung out on various drugs):

[​IMG]

19B likes this.
  15. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Still hot.

cuangler, 19B and tboon6317 like this.
  16. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Gillian Anderson has remarkable staying power. I can't imagine her not still being a take at 70 years old. Maybe older.

tboon6317 likes this.
  17. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Did you watch the mini-season from a few years ago? Just making sure you did as this season will build upon it.

18. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

Expand Collapse

Yes - was just a little hit leaving me wanting for more. I miss the hell out of that show.

tboon6317 likes this.
  19. CUvinny

CUvinny
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Just started watching it (the fox app on AppleTV has every X-Files episode on VOD). Seems good, Gillian Anderson is great but David Duchovny seems to be mailing it in. Hope he gets better toward the end of the series and next season.

20. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Honestly, I'm as a huge of an X-Files fan as you'll find, but I thought the most recent season was very uneven. The previews for the new one look good, and I'm hoping the fact that they have more episodes will help, as I thought they forced too much with regard to the central mythology episodes.

21. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

The best new episode was the monster of the week one where the monster got sick and kept turning into a human.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)