The Official Coach William Swinney Thread

Discussion in 'DVU' started by White Tajh Boyd, Jul 16, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 100 users.
  1. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Or Frost.

2. William Christopher

William Christopher
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I love that man

4forheisman and Pawpride like this.
  3. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

I just meant Lane Kiffin because his reaction would be good, not because he necessarily deserves it. He did a good job but it’ll likely go to frost

4. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I think Lincoln Riley should get it. I know we hate OU and Mayfield but the guy was thrust into his first head coaching role at 34 years old two months before the season started. No one was picking them to make the playoffs after Stoops retired.

gvtiger07 likes this.
  5. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

You sure? They are the same loaded team from the last few years.

6. TheTigerMan

TheTigerMan
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Yea it’s like Urban walking into FL. It was perfect setup for him. I give Riley credit but not that much.

7. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20507614/which-teams-make-college-football-playoff

Quick research shows 5/38 here picked them, so I guess "no one" was wrong. Still think it's a little much to expect a guy who is 2 years removed from being a coordinator at freaking ECU to leading a prestigious and pressure packed program to the playoffs just because the roster is talented. And was thrown into it pretty last minute too.

Edit: If Tony Elliott takes over our program in July because Dabo suddenly retired, do you think we're still #1? And if we are, would you be calling for him to get CoY? I know you'll say we're different because we lost more, but I think it's pretty obvious our roster is still pretty loaded and we'd be favored over that "loaded" OU team.

#1267 Dirty Ears Bill, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  8. Keywan1474

Keywan1474
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

In the big 12? Yes

9. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Eh I think everyone thought very highly of Riley, and I’m guessing bob stoops did what he did because of their opinion of Riley at OU. I don’t think he’s a bad coach at all. Personally I wasn’t surprised that a guy like him was able to keep the train going with that juggernaut he had at ou. Time will tell.

That’s not to say he’s not deserving at all. I just like frost more and what he’s done at UCF is pretty impressive too.

Dirty Ears Bill likes this.
  10. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)