The non-sports Clemson thread - I'll park where I damn well want to

Discussion in 'DVU' started by cuwoodchipper, Jul 22, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 40 users.
  1. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

We really have a perfect storm of success at our university right now. I couldn't be prouder to wear my ring than I am right now.

2. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Dp

WRich3 and statebird like this.
  3. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

TP

WRich3 and statebird like this.
  4. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

5. Clemson327

Clemson327
    Expand Collapse
    Dean of Redneck Engineering
    RCUSA Original

6. mbnativeson

mbnativeson
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I would expect that the number will increase substantially again this year. They are going to announce the Will to Lead results before too long and no doubt that Clemson has successfully raised more than 1 Billion. SC raised 1.04 Billion and the newest goal was for Clemson to beat that number. I expect that we will beat it fairly easily with the donations from the last fiscal year.

7. gvtiger07

gvtiger07
    Expand Collapse

Pretty hard to take laps with that big swingin Clemson endowment getting in the way

TheTigerMan, Tigers and Clemson327 like this.
  8. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

9. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

An unofficial student group at Clemson University has scheduled provocative conservative Breitbart News tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos to speak at the university this fall and the announcement has already rankled some in the Clemson community who say the event serves to show Clemson’s continuing divide on race and equality issues.

Yiannopoulos, an icon of the online alternative right wing movement, writes for the conservative news and opinion website whose executive chairman, Steve Bannon, just became GOP Presidential nominee Donald Trump’s campaign manager. Yiannopoulos is an outspoken critic of political correctness, feminism and Islam and frequently uses foul language in speeches while he targets those he believes to be pushing ideologies of the progressive left.

He is a frequent speaker who has been invited to college campuses by Republican college groups. Those visits have been controversial as protestors either tried to shut the events down or marched on stage to disrupt his speaking.

A group of Clemson students called WeRoar Clemson, who call themselves free speech advocates, announced that Yiannopoulos will speak at Tillman Hall auditorium on Oct. 18.

“We brought Milo to campus because he is a beacon for free speech and does an excellent job pointing out the progressive hypocrisy on college campuses,” said Zach Talley, a member of WeRoar Clemson.

Yiannopoulos was recently banned for life from Twitter for frequently encouraging his legion of 288,000 followers to harass other users. A statement from Twitter after it permanently suspended his account said “no one deserves to be subjected to targeted abuse online, and our rules prohibit inciting or engaging in the targeted abuse or harassment of others.” Yiannopoulos called it a cowardly move by Twitter and an attack on free speech.

In an announcement about the event, which is titled Make Clemson Great Again, Yiannopoulos said his Clemson appearance promised to be a “stunner.”

He previously has spoken at DePaul University, where his appearance was interrupted by African-American activists and requests to hold an event with another Breitbart columnist and a second event with Yiannopoulos were denied, citing security risks.

His appearance at Clemson is a private, ticketed event, Talley said. Clemson University spokeswoman Robin Denny said WeRoar Clemson is not an official student organization recognized by the university.

10. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It's time for that guy's 15 minutes of fame to die.

11. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Good for that fag for coming to campus. I'm no fan and he's obviously an extreme doucher but am a fan of free speech. The left wants all their "rights" (read handouts, preferential treatment, and free everything) yet they try to infringe on all of the rights of the right.

12. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

The right still has their "rights" (racism, white supremacy etc.) they just don't like the consequences of them

13. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I know a fuck load of Republicans. Not a single fucking one of them is racist in the least or a white supremacist. That's bullshit. The most racist fuck I know is way to the left. Might want to look up the history of Hillary. She's pretty fucking racist. Said the black thugs (she called them super predators) need to learn to heel. She also said the hard working white voters wouldn't vote for Obama. That came out of her mouth. She's obviously not a Republican.

Liberals are fucked in the head. They go crazy wanting their rights yet will infringe on everyone else's rights while screaming for their own. Libs have never been mistaken for having much intelligence but somehow that makes sense to them as a good idea.

14. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Holy shit it was just a joke mocking your bullshit post before mine. Too easy.

15. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

You must be racist Cutig if you're voting for the person who said the below

16. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

This isn't the politics thread, take it somewhere else for me to ignore.

17. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

ScreenShot2013-04-04at9.06.51AM_crop_exact.png

18. NST

NST
    Expand Collapse

Dude preys on naive retards who will regret having ever had anything to do with him once they grow up.

19. CUvinny

CUvinny
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Milo is great, he scammed $100k from right wing idiots for a fake scholarship fund that he just pocketed and the idiots still like him. Got to respect the hustle

20. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

A group of Clemson University students intend to hold a rally Friday in the area where a community evangelist was told last week that he was violating a campus policy.

Robby Roberts was holding a “Prayer” sign at Trustee Park when he was approached last Thursday by Shawn Jones, the university’s assistant director for client services.

“This is not a designated free speech area,” Jones said, according to a video of the encounter that Clemson graduate student Kyra Palange posted Sunday on Facebook. Jones explains in the video that Roberts would need to follow “proper procedures” to use a designated area on campus.

The university issued a statement Tuesday to “clarify the situation for everyone in the Clemson community.”

“First and most importantly, Clemson does not prohibit prayer on our campuses,” according to the statement.

But the statement also notes that Clemson has rules for individuals or groups not affiliated with the university that are necessary to maintain “an effective and safe learning environment for our students.”

Roberts was “politely informed” that he could remain “if he would simply remove his sign,” according to the statement.

“He was also told that if he wanted to erect a sign and invite a gathering he would need to reserve one of the areas of campus designated as available to the public for this type of activity or gathering,” according to the statement.

Contending that the university’s policy is unconstitutional, students with the WeRoar Clemson group are planning a Rally With Robby from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at Trustee Park.

Clemson officials will not interfere with the rally Friday, university spokeswoman Robin Denny said.

“The students will be able to gather at Trustee Park,” she said.

WeRoar Clemson describes itself as a “movement” that seeks to “promote freedom of speech and the marketplace of ideas on campus.” The group has scheduled provocative conservative Breitbart News tech editor Milo Yiannopoulos to speak at the university in October.

In an email Tuesday, the group belittled the statement issued by university officials regarding last week’s encounter with Roberts.

“They will attempt to make it seem like they are listening to our concerns, but all they will really do is treat us like children that have to be manipulated and pacified while they continue to create and enforce arbitrary policies,” according to the email.

The group also has posted a video of an interview with Roberts on its Facebook page.

“Clemson University has made up policies which restrict the church, which is an eternal organization, from operating and because they arbitrarily made up these policies, they have raised these policies up above the name of the Lord and they have exulted them,” Roberts says in the video.

“They don’t care one whiff about the name of Jesus. What they care about is the name of Clemson and that to my God is offensive,” he added. “Clemson University has ignored the Lord God.”

21. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

“He was also told that if he wanted to erect a sign and invite a gathering he would need to reserve one of the areas of campus designated as available to the public for this type of activity or gathering,” according to the statement.

Seems perfectly reasonable. Hope those weroar dumbasses get the attention they crave at whatever dumb protest they are going to have

Tigerchan likes this.
  22. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Yeah these WeRoar guys sounds like some characters. University sent out this e-mail today:
    Issue in the news

To the Clemson community:

Over the past several days, the university's position regarding free speech, specifically prayer on campus, has been misrepresented by certain groups and individuals. The goal of this message is to clarify the situation for everyone in the Clemson community.

First and most importantly, Clemson does not prohibit prayer on our campuses.

Clemson University supports the rights of students, faculty and staff of all religious faiths to express their beliefs on our campuses. Religious expression occurs regularly at Clemson, including in the many religious-based student organizations recognized by the university.

In addition, individuals and groups from the external community are welcome to pray on our campuses, either individually or while interacting with our students.

Those activities involving individuals or groups not affiliated with the university, however, must be held in a manner consistent with our facilities use policies so that we maintain an effective and safe learning environment for our students. Our application of those policies is required by law to be content neutral, meaning it is uniform and consistent regardless of the content of a person’s speech or expression.

Last week, an individual not affiliated with Clemson was on campus inviting others to pray with him via a sign he posted on campus grounds. It has been inaccurately reported that Clemson prohibited this individual from praying on campus.

In fact, a university staff member politely informed the gentlemen inviting others to gather and pray that if he would simply remove his sign, he could continue to sit and pray at this location. He was also told that if he wanted to erect a sign and invite a gathering, he would need to reserve one of the areas of campus designated as available to the public for this type of activity or gathering.

While the gentleman in question was polite and accommodating, Clemson must apply the law and university policies regarding use of university space by non-affiliated individuals or groups in a uniform, consistent and content-neutral manner. In other words, while religious expression is welcome on our campuses, the university cannot selectively enforce its rules on facilities or space use based on the message or ideas being promoted.

This individual is welcome on our campus. He can pray at that location. But if he desires to erect a sign and invite a gathering, he will need to move to one of our designated spaces available for such activity, just as would be the case for any individual or group not affiliated with the university that wishes to engage the campus community in such a manner.

Constitutional law does not make all areas of the Clemson campuses open to the public. Clemson has the right, and a legal obligation, to govern use of its facilities and space to ensure safety and to facilitate an effective learning environment. Groups and persons not affiliated with the university who desire to hold events, solicit or invite interaction with students or post signage are required to follow the law and university policies, and use our publicly available spaces. Many community groups do just that without incident, including churches.

The First Amendment does not let Clemson, as a public institution, pick which content or ideas are subject to its rules concerning free speech and use of its facilities, and Clemson does not attempt to do so. When government regulates speech based on content, we jeopardize the very principle that our founding fathers sought to protect.

Clemson welcomes a full range of expression on its campus and works diligently to protect the free speech rights of all individuals or groups on its campuses, while at the same time applying the law and university policies in a consistent manner that promotes a safe and effective learning environment.

Mark Land
    Vice President — University Relations

cuangler and Cutig like this.
  23. J_E

J_E
    Expand Collapse
    God Bless Dabo

19B, Doc Louis, AC- and 14 others like this.
  24. Krombopulus Michael

Krombopulus Michael
    Expand Collapse
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
    RCUSA Original

Kids these days won't even be able to get their pHd.

25. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

What in the fuck? Harcombe and Clemson House in the same year is too much

26. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Where am I to eat before Troy?

27. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Esso meat and three. I'll be there

28. tigerbaitnatl

tigerbaitnatl
    Expand Collapse

They should have offered it up for the alumni to have one last meal there for old times sake. Could charge a little bit more and have it go to charity. Get some good press out of it and then be able to engage your alumni base and possibly persuade more people to donate something or more. That place was a ton of fun and the cookie break was awesome, especially when you had pledges who would get it for you each night. Let's just say I filled out my frame my sophomore and junior years.

29. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I ate at shitlater as a freshman, rarely went to harcombe. They are destroying the wrong cafeteria

30. Lyrtch

Lyrtch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

yeah same here, ate at Harcombe a handful of times, probably less than 5

it always felt fancy

cuangler and AC- like this.
  31. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Haha exactly. It was a hike across campus to eat food we convinced ourselves was better. Didn't happen often, but it was a nice change of pace. Schilletter can eat a dick, I'd celebrate the day they level that one

Lyrtch likes this.
  32. Lyrtch

Lyrtch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

by mid freshman year I'd resigned myself to breakfast (omelet bar if line wasn't bad, and a waffle from the back side)

or sandwich lady

everything else I'd had horrendous experiences with, tried the pizza like 10 times and eight times it was doughy as hell in the middle

convinced my parents just to give me the cash they spent on meal plan from that point forward and I'd make it work. chicken ranch wraps and the shockingly good stir fried noodles from Hendrix in those days were about as good as it got.

33. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Fernow street Philly cheese steaks were pretty good.

Once at schilletter I watched the cook at the grill give someone a pork chop that wasn't cooked. The sides were still pink, so it was obviously not near done. He pressed the sides on the grill and put it on someone's plate. After that I ate the salad bar and cereal unless there was some pasta that wasn't horrible. I actually lost weight that year

Lyrtch likes this.
  34. Phillipdn

Phillipdn
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Y'all are out of your mind if you don't think Shitler had the best cakes.

TheWampa likes this.
  35. Aaron Nevilles Pet Tick

Aaron Nevilles Pet Tick
    Expand Collapse
    Dabo Wizard
    RCUSA Original

Lived in Johnstone and used to just demolish some Harcombe, even though it kind of sucked. Having the unlimited meal plan was so dope.

Clemsonman10 and Tiger Roll like this.
  36. Deshyahweh

Deshyahweh
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

The CORE dining hall is about to get a Which Which, Raising Canes (:goldbond:), Twisted Taco, and POD.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)