The Autonomous Car Thread - In America, car drives YOU!

Discussion in 'DVU' started by cuwoodchipper, Dec 14, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 31 users.
  1. gvtiger07

gvtiger07
    Expand Collapse

He looks at his surroundings when visiting his coke dealer?

2. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I'm a pretty big introvert and in healthcare. I can't hide from patients at work but lengths I go to to avoid people when I'm not working amuse me when I reflect back.

3. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Not necessarily in your window but Chipotle has been delivering burritos via drone in Blacksburg, VA for a bit now. They are testing to see if it's an actual viable option.

I was definitely not a small guy by the time I graduated Clemson but damn, I can't imagine how fat I would be had I been able to have a burrito delivered to me via drone.
    :heavybreathing:

4. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Yeah, I totally get it. I bartended for four years in college and have been in sales since. Always viewed it as putting on a performance (and I think I'm pretty good at it). I'm not socially awkward or anything, but I much prefer my own company to that of most other people.

Especially you DVU bastards.

5. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Same. A lot of people think introvert just means you are withdrawn or secluded, which isn't exactly true. I just entertain myself well and am at total peace doing things by myself for hours at a time. I have no issue playing golf by myself, fishing solo, eating lunch alone, etc while some of my friends would never consider such a thing. A lot of times I prefer the solo thing but I also enjoy the company of my friends a lot too.

Was listening to a podcast on personality types a while back and the speaker said that extraverts 'recharge' their batteries by hanging out with groups of people and being a focal point. Introverts recharge by being alone or in less crowded settings. Thought that was one of the better descriptions that I had heard.

6. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

Nowhere, it's Kyle

7. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I think having a social job like medicine or sales sort of makes you more introverted. I'm way more introverted now than I used to be but it's mainly because by the time I leave the hospital I'm just sick of talking to people. Going home and getting to shut up and having no one ask me anything for an hour feels super liberating somehow. Of course this will all go to hell once I have kids I suppose.

8. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Mini angler just went from two naps a day to one. Two nap days were heaven.

9. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I still say if the pizza guy delivers there still then it isn't really "the hood".

10. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I quit drinking and doing drugs almost a month back but yes that's the gist of it. I know those areas and how the people act much more than I should. Got a call from my guy today asking me how I was feeling. I called him from the hospital when I had the scare. He's a nice guy I just gave that lifestyle up.

11. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

This pretty much sums it up. I'm ok with being in crowds, it if I don't get quiet time to myself daily I get stressed.

12. Carmine lorenzo

Carmine lorenzo
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Even if you have like 100 bucks of groceries? I enjoy the self checkout as much as the rest, but there's a $20 tipping point where someone else is gonna have to ring me up and help bag my groceries.

13. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

My wife makes the larger shopping trips. :biden:

14. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce
    Expand Collapse

15. Clemson327

Clemson327
    Expand Collapse
    Dean of Redneck Engineering
    RCUSA Original

Dirty Ears Bill and Lyrtch like this.
  16. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

17. J_E

J_E
    Expand Collapse
    God Bless Dabo

is that an acronym for something?

18. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I might have to KOP that new S8 with stage 3 autonomy. Would never let that fucker drive itself though. Need a new whip since I'm going back into the workforce next week

19. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)