The Autonomous Car Thread - In America, car drives YOU!

Discussion in 'DVU' started by cuwoodchipper, Dec 14, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 31 users.
  1. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

My gut just says that is really fake. Wrong. Sad!

Lyrtch likes this.
  2. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I still can't fathom being a climate change denier.

Just incredible stupidity

Cutig and Lyrtch like this.
  3. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Who is denying. The climate has gone through changes since the beginning of time. I feel sorry for people too stupid to realize it's happening and has for millions of years no matter what man does

Styx likes this.
  4. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

:awkward:

budkilmer, Cutig and Lyrtch like this.
  5. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

This is my favorite. If the damn Clemson fanbase looks like radical lefts to you, it's time to take a step back man.

You're basically Bob Jones University at that point.

6. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Friedskillet basically doesn't function if he refuses to admit even without man there's been climate change since the beginning of time. It doesn't matter if we're here and polluting or if we're sucking dicks living green. It's happening and the liberal losers can cry and cry but can't do anything to stop it. I liked my warm Christmas weather myself. Heat it up some more. Might go burn so shit at the farm pregame tomorrow

Styx likes this.
  7. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

ill bite

It's widely known that there is natural climate change caused by volcanic activity, changes in earth's orbit, shit even variations in the sun itself which increase the amount of solar energy that reaches the earth. However, to claim those are the sole reason for the rapid increase in climate change since the industrial revolution is showing your lack of education on the matter.

But nbd you know more than thousands of climate scientists that disagree with you

clemsontyger04, Cutig and Lyrtch like this.
  8. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Those losers have to say that to keep their job. This is pitiful

9. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

idk why i expected anything more from farva-lite

cuangler and Cutig like this.
  10. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Wouldn't it suck to have such a shit job that you are forced to have the same thoughts or your job becomes a waste and you're fired? It makes it pointless to even pay the losers. You know what they're going to say without paying them. Of course Obama is a piece of shit and gave them about a trillion to do absolutely nothing. They're wastes of my good clean air

11. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

NOTICE TO DVU:

This is exactly what he's doing.

12. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Nothing more than a scientific conspiracy framed by a power grab. They just want you to be ok with more regulations.

Cutig and Lyrtch like this.
  13. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

No it's not. I'm correct. We can't do anything about it. The "solutions" create just as much pollution. My solution of fusion is the only fucking thing that can help

Styx likes this.
  14. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Kyle doesn't understand how science works, shocker

15. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Kyle, are you familiar with the concept of "confirmation bias"?

Cutig likes this.
  16. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Jokes on everyone who engages Kyle.

Sorry.

17. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Fusion creates no waste or pollution and would solve all liberal problems. It's reality not a troll. Pollution doesn't bother me where I live so I don't care about it or the climate. The EPA is by far our biggest waste of money from our government. They do nothing but burn through money and should all be fired

Styx likes this.
  18. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Your myopic view on life is very sad.

Lyrtch and friedskillet like this.
  19. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It isn't just my view that the EPA is a giant waste of money. It's cost roughly a trillion dollars during Obama's presidency and accomplished basically nothing

Styx likes this.
  20. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Their annual budget is under $10 billion. What are you talking about?

21. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

His gut feeling is that it costs 1 trillion over 8 years, obviously those stupid facts just get in the way

CUvinny and friedskillet like this.
  22. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Clean air and clean water. It's magic.

budkilmer likes this.
  23. CUvinny

CUvinny
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Obama's EPA pretty much killed coal in in America along with fracking. It's doing a good job IMO

Lyrtch and Cutig like this.
  24. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Might want to check the facts. It's over 900 billion during his eight years

25. TheTigerMan

TheTigerMan
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Fracking is huge in extracting natural gas. Also with natural gas prices going up many of plants are switching back to coal. They have started opening up a few coal mines that have been closed for 4 years.

26. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Cite?

27. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

friedskillet likes this.
  28. ACCfootprint

ACCfootprint
    Expand Collapse
    Still rocks "Dabo 2008" bumper sticker

Clemson327 likes this.
  29. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

I am not afraid, brother, I will just get pissed off and throw my wooden shoes into the cogs of this machine.

Honestly, I am not scared of any of this. Popular Mechanics has shown prototypes for incredible new cars for decades, exciting machines that were supposed to hit the streets in a few years. They never make production.

30. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

WASHINGTON (AP) — A jump in traffic fatalities last year pushed deaths on U.S. roads to their highest level in nearly a decade, erasing improvements made during the Great Recession and economic recovery, a leading safety organization said Wednesday.

Fatalities rose 6 percent in 2016, reaching an estimated 40,200 deaths compared to 37,757 deaths the previous year, according the National Safety Council. The group gets its data from states. The last time there were more than 40,000 fatalities in a single year was in 2007, just before the economy tanked. There were 41,000 deaths that year.

The increase came as Americans drove more last year — a 3 percent increase in total miles. The council cited continued lower gasoline prices and an improving economy as key factors.

Following an increase in fatalities in 2015, the United States has had the sharpest two-year increase in traffic deaths in 53 years, the council said.

Americans have come to accept large numbers of traffic deaths as inevitable instead of than taking actions that would prevent them, said Deborah Hersman, the council's president.

"Motor vehicle fatality numbers have been ringing the alarm for two years," she said. "Unfortunately, we have been tone-deaf to the data and the carnage on our roadways. If we fail to take action, the death toll will continue to rise."

Jonathan Adkins, executive director of the Governors Highway Safety Association, which represents state highway safety offices, said state officials continue to point to three predominant factors in traffic deaths — "belts, booze and speed."

In the last three years, 13 states have raised speed limits on at least some portion of their interstate highways.

"Additionally, driver distraction and our society's addiction to electronic devices is likely playing a role in the increase in deaths," Adkins said.

The estimated annual mileage death rate last year was 1.25 deaths per 100 million vehicle miles, an increase of 3 percent from the 2015 rate.

Traffic deaths began dropping in 2008 and reached their lowest point in six decades in 2011 at 32,000 deaths. They fluctuated slightly over the next two years, but started climbing in the last quarter of 2014.

As the economy recovered, people not only began driving more, but they also increased more risky types of driving "like going out on the weekends or taking long trips on unfamiliar roads," said Adrian Lund, president of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

Teens, who have the highest fatal crash rates, are also back on the road after the recession when many of them couldn't afford to drive as much, he said.

The surge in fatalities comes as cars and trucks have more safety features than ever. Nearly all new cars and light trucks now have electronic stability control and rearview cameras, for example. Automakers are also beginning to equip more cars with sophisticated safety technology like adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency-braking and blind-spot monitoring that are designed to prevent crashes rather than merely make them survivable.

Other important safety advances are also on the horizon, including vehicle-to-vehicle communications that allow cars to wirelessly warn each other of their movements in time to avoid collisions and self-driving cars that hold the potential to eliminate human error, a factor in more than 90 percent of crashes.

The council's fatality estimates differ slightly from those of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The government counts only deaths that occur on public roads, while the council includes fatalities that occur in parking lots, driveways and private roads.

Last month, NHTSA reported that traffic deaths surged about 8 percent in the first nine months of 2016.

Cutig likes this.
  31. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Driving cars is going to be one of those things that people in the future look back on and wonder why we put up with it. 40,000 lives lost for no reason in a year. If Ebola kills 40,000 US citizens this year we would spend billions fighting it and would solve the problem quickly. We just accept traffic fatalities as some sort of weird fact of life.

32. ACCfootprint

ACCfootprint
    Expand Collapse
    Still rocks "Dabo 2008" bumper sticker

Zero deaths is optimal, but we put up with traffic deaths because driving has benefits whereas Ebola does not.

NST and Styx like this.
  33. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I'm just saying. Maybe we should invest in some alternatives.

34. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

35. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

0225171411a-1.jpg
    You techie boys can have your electric driverless soulless passionless machines. Today I traded my Buick (which was a great car and served me well) for this Dodge Challenger RT. I love it. Such smooth effortless power. Driving this will be one of life's great enjoyments.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)