Sugar Bowl vs Alabama or Driving in the Flyover States

Discussion in 'DVU' started by Cutig, Dec 2, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 86 users.
  1. The Best Alive

The Best Alive
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Saw on ti ray ray said he's coming back. Surprised he even contemplated leaving tbh

2. cid14

cid14
    Expand Collapse

the only receiver I think would be okay that we lose is Cain. underperformed all season. he made some great plays but also missed a ton of opportunities. we could see immediate improvement in that spot from tee. my biggest concern is getting an elite passer back, improving o line play, and improving on special teams. until then we won't make it back to a national championship game. we could have easily won tonight if we were marginally better in these 3 categories. Spence did great in fgs but kickoffs really fucked us all game on both sides

TheTigerMan likes this.
  3. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

Welp, to top it all off...my wife had planned on surprising me with a natty ticket for the third year in a row, so she had a ticket reserved with the CFP when they were $400 if we had won. Wouldn't mind making it to the Niners stadium next year, though.

cid14 likes this.
  4. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce
    Expand Collapse

Helluva season in a supposedly down year. I can't be mad about that.
    I can be mad about the fact that both the D and O lines were completely and utterly dominated tonight.

RIP Tiger Tails, TCJ and cid14 like this.
  5. tigerbaitnatl

tigerbaitnatl
    Expand Collapse

This is an underrated statement. It sums up the night perfectly and there is no need for further comment. It perfectly explains how I felt all night.

clemsontyger04 and cid14 like this.
  6. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Another top 4 season. That game wasn't as bad as it looks. O line lost.

7. Carmine lorenzo

Carmine lorenzo
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

D balled out. Hate we wasted that effort. Everything about the offense sucked.

8. Summit_Mountain

Summit_Mountain
    Expand Collapse
    Moonshiner

FIFY

9. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It was. McCloud had a 3 step lead on a deep in with no one behind him.

10. Aaron Nevilles Pet Tick

Aaron Nevilles Pet Tick
    Expand Collapse
    Dabo Wizard
    RCUSA Original

My preseason expectations were 9-3 or 8-4 with Kelly Bryant. We obviously over achieved this season, so I can't be too upset. It's never fun to get whipped in a game, but in the playoff against a very solid Alabama team is probably not what I was banking on.

I don't see how Hyatt jumps to the NFL tbh. He's a great player, but he doesn't seem developed enough to be a LT next year. I don't know why he'd go be a 4th or 5th rounder when if he stays for another year, he could be a 1st or 2nd type. It'll be interesting to see how that develops, because as of right now, he's our most important "recruit".

11. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

13-10 with the way the defense was playing. We win, no doubt in my mind.

That one play determined the outcome of the game.

12. DV81

DV81
    Expand Collapse

Thinking back on it, if you had told me we would have made it to the playoffs before the season began I would have been thrilled. The reality is, it's incredibly hard to lose the kind of talent we lost and not take a step back. I hate losing (especially the way we did), but all in all it was a solid year for us.

13. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

That was the most frustrating thing to me about last night. They are in the box kicking our asses, and we have Richard in the slot 90% of the time giving us absolutely nothing.

14. Krombopulus Michael

Krombopulus Michael
    Expand Collapse
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
    RCUSA Original

Did Tre Lamar even play last night? I don't remember noticing him ... what's the deal there?

Heard BV said he was 100% healthy but they started JD Davis anyways... then Skalski came in and played a ton.... but not our physical freak 250lb MLB Tre Lamar?

What's the deal here? Still hurt? being disciplined for something?

15. Krombopulus Michael

Krombopulus Michael
    Expand Collapse
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
    RCUSA Original

Not that having Tre Lamar would've been a game changer, our D actually did pretty well considering giving them the ball at midfield every damn drive.

All this talk about how they didn't have the same horses on the D Line this year that they had in '16, and how good our OL was... Their DL vs. our OL was more of a mismatch this year than any of the 3 games.

Obviously I know they dominated the LOS and prob would've still won the game pretty handily. But the missed DPI against Tee and the missed OPI on that fucking bullshit ass Da'Ron Payne touchdown really did make a difference in the game.

16. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Last night was a huge bummer, but overall it was an awesome season.

We lost Gallman, Leggett, Tank, Watkins, Watson, Mike Williams, and Scott to the NFL and still made the playoff. That's pretty incredible.

17. tigerpride

tigerpride
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

ETN's blocking, or lack there of, really made me miss Gallman last night.

18. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Gallman was a bad blocker his RS Fr year, but improved substantially over his career. I think we need to commit to ETN going forward as our alpha RB. Give him 15+ carries every game. If not him, then Feaster.

19. Chad Lynch

Chad Lynch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

More than solid...rebuilding year and we made the CFP.

20. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

If this is what a down gear is under Dabo, I’ll take it. Win the acc, make the playoffs after losing what we did was pretty impressive. We just got a bad draw with the one team that could beat us.

Chad Lynch likes this.
  21. Chad Lynch

Chad Lynch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Dabo deciding to practice in the cold at Tulane after a few days off for the holidays and a 35 degree difference in temperature compared to the Dome was a dumbass decision.

22. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I guess I was shellshocked last night...just realized that the $400 is gone now that we lost. You don't get that shit back.

:Clemsad:

Clemson327 and Chad Lynch like this.
  23. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Agree. Feel that decision was a little too motivated by emotion of practicing there when he won the championship at Bama.

#1 seed and practice offsite outside and you play Bama in New Orleans with a chip on their shoulder and an extra week to rest. Just didn’t work out that great.

MauldinT and Chad Lynch like this.
  24. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I wonder how much the injury to Higgins broke the game plan. The announcers kept talking about a package we wanted to use that depended on him.

25. Chad Lynch

Chad Lynch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

2nd drive and its 3rd and 8 and Milan Richard is in the game...

26. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

He was our starting te so is that shocking for some reason

27. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Look at this fuckin' idiot.

28. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Well we didn’t play an A or B game on offense so you can still say you were right

19B likes this.
  29. Deshyahweh

Deshyahweh
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Looking back, I’m not a fan of how we handled the drive with 7 minutes left. I know we didn’t have a chance at that point, but the fact we pretty much rolled over and played dead running the ball and running the clock down leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don’t like the message that sends to the players. Do you think Saban would have rolled over with 7 min left? Hello no, he would have went uber aggressive mode not caring if he turned the ball over or not.

Dirty Ears Bill and MauldinT like this.
  30. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I still feel like KB is getting way too much shit. Our OL was the main culprit all night long. The drop by Cain early was a big one, but we could have overcome that with decent OL play the rest of the way. I understand there is a huge dropoff from DW4 to KB, but our OL played their worst game of the last three seasons without question last night. Still don't understand how we didn't eventually do anything to slow down the constant pressure from Jennings.

31. Keywan1474

Keywan1474
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Shit last night was reminiscent of the 08 beatdown from an offensive standpoint.

Styx likes this.
  32. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I agree. And total hindsight, we should have played different RBs/TEs in passing situations (or kept them in more) once we saw that we couldn't pass block them straight up.

Styx likes this.
  33. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

KB had an average game on a micro level. He made a couple nice runs and a couple nice throws even though they didn't result in completions. He also struggled on some throws, made wrong reads and got happy feet in the pocket. A mixed bag overall, but it wasn't like he was just terrible back there.

Bama also didn't respect his arm nor his pocket presence and that was probably the larger macro issue. Their DL was aggressive and playing downhill not worried about Kelly escaping a rush and making a big play with his legs or arm, which Watson did time and time again in 2015 and 2016. Not worried about the DBs getting beat deep man to man, so the rest of the defense could also be more aggressive. Watson also keep the offense on schedule and much easier for a defense to play against 2nd and 3rd and long than 2nd and 3rd and medium.

OL played poorly as well, but KB limitations as a player extend beyond what he directly does on the field.

DMX likes this.
  34. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

35. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

And we were not healthy on defense.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)