SCAR: Embarrassing the State For 215 Years and Counting

Discussion in 'DVU' started by 19B, Jul 15, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 140 users.
  1. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Is this their Wofford line?

2. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Yes

Dirty Ears Bill likes this.
  3. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I think (hope) Wofford drags them into a game deep into the 4th quarter and they have to have a LaTech moment to win.

4. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

I hope Wofford skull fucks them

5. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Was so entertained with the stuff I looked up last night, I looked up a couple more computer metrics. Also threw out FEI for now because I realized it hasn't yet been updated for the most recent weekend's games.

SCar opponents

Clemson opponents

With the up-to-date metrics, we're now the highest rated overall team and defense they will have faced. They still look about like Boston College.

Clemson327, gvtiger07 and TheTigerMan like this.
  6. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

We were tied going into the 4th with BC. :nailbite:

7. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

We are definitely not above choking, we've proven that, but we should absolutely expect to win bigly.

DMX likes this.
  8. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

This is the median opponent rankings. I like median better because using the mean makes shitty teams like Kent State and La Tech (haha) carry too much weight--it's my philosophy that a cupcake is a cupcake and there shouldn't be any discernible difference between playing the #95 team and the #125 team.

Their schedule has just been such a joke.

Overall: Clemson 32.3 ... SCar 57.8
    Offense only: Clemson 44.0 ... SCar 57.5
    Defense only: Clemson 38.3 ... SCar 68.5

For a team that JC and Tony said was going to be explosive and relying on its amazing offense, it's pretty astounding how shitty they've been against some ridiculously bad defenses. #107 in yards/game, #92 in points/game, #74 in 3D conversion rate. (Compare that to Clemson against much tougher defenses... #33, #38, #18.)

9. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

[​IMG] I believe that we will beat Clemson.
    Hard work and discipline always pays off. I believe that the kids will give their best effort and win the turnover battle and win the game.

[​IMG] Re: I believe that we will beat Clemson.
    We will do a better job of competing this year and will continue our streak of holding our opponent to under 30 points. Yes I know we have one more game before the Clemtech game.

I agree. We will win this game.
    And it will be f-cking beautiful.

It is possible to win, we will need better QB play than we had against UF. We will have to find a way to run the ball consistently. We will need our injured DB's back.
    Jake won't be sick. Clemson is vulnerable to the deep pass.
    But, yes, we MUST be able to make short down and distances via rushing the ball and extend drives into deeper territory, ensuring either touchdowns, short, successfully made fgs, and, at worst, leave them with the ball deep in their territory, and, above all, consume clock.
    We can do it.

I think we'll see Jake keep the ball on some of those options, especially in the second half and our running game will set up the pass enough to keep the tater offense off the field. I've been telling my friends at work that if we can avoid any major injuries the rest of the year we have a good chance to beat them. And our guys have the extra motivation from the beat down last year. But I was hoping Deebo would be back for the game.
    They are definitely beatable. I can imagine them watching the uga/Auburn game and thinking "Damn, I'm glad we caught Auburn early in the year."

My feelings wouldn't be too hurt if FSU beat Clemson last saturday, but to be honest with you i want us to be the ones to do it.
    To ****ing ruin and end their season.
    To make Dabo whine and look depressed in his post-game interview
    To take a top 25 ranking
    To show all those in state recruits who's really on the rise
    To beat a playoff team
    To bring our program on the rise
    God i can already taste it. We can do it. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

Hoping pages 3-4 of the playbook come out for Clemson... also would like to see Bentley rocking #4

After the game last year the players said we will NOT be outworked we will NOT be out hustled . I believe and have since summer this game this year will be a real hit um in the mouth game from us. Orange will feel the wrath of the trash talking that was going on last year. Our guys have done a lot of growing up.

The stars are aligning. Clemson seems to be struggling a bit more towards the end of the season. USC is finding a running game. No injuries this weekend hopefully and we have a pretty healthy team heading into the game. Night game. ESPN. Muschamp knows he can make a national statement on the program and his career. Dabo and co. realize they have zero room for error to make the playoffs. And even if they do win, they still have got to know that Miami is waiting for them. Muschamp and T Rob have seen the Clemson offense and gotten a game under their belt. There's nothing new there. I like our secondary with King, Fenton, Lammons, and Williams on the field. Skai needs an int or two.

I'm convinced.

Not saying any of this has anything to do with our chances at success vs. the taters, but it is interesting to note the correlation between our number of wins in a season and success against them. I saw somebody bring it up a while back and then again someone brought it up recently. So just out of curiosity, I ran the numbers while I was bored at work. (Unfortunately I left the data on my work computer. I'll post it once I get back in the office.)

Going back to the 50's, each season with 6+ wins saw us winning just a little over 50% of the time. At 7+, it jumps to around 75%. I think 8+ wins was over 80% in our favor. (I can't quite remember that one for some reason.) And we have a 100% win percentage when we hit 9+ wins on the season.

Now as we all know, correlation does not equal causation, so take those numbers with a grain of slat. (hehe) It is funny to look at though, especially when those history buffs come out to play.

I guarantee you they are worried about this game ... We are much improved and could put them out of the playoff

uga's running game is night and day better than clemsux, i feel clemson may be more on the same page with nc state or kentucky, the only thing that i worry about in getting a win, is all the shitty excuses as to why they lost, totally worth it nonetheless, but i'm really excited about all the garbage ass flags and bumper stickers getting gone and put back in the garage behind the paint cans where they belong!! [​IMG]

I'm for loading the box like we did against UGA. Etienne and Feaster and Bryant are damn fast. I wouldn't trust Bryant to be able to beat us just with his arm. But I'm also concerned about the deep zone we play if Ray Ray catches one over the middle it could be bad news. On offense Jake has played better when the D sends more pass rushers which Veneables likes to do. But I don't believe we will have a running game because their line is so fast. I say 28-24 Cocks. Living in the upstate is hell when those farmers win

10. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Hahahaha. Holy delusion. Hahahaha

11. Stan_Hansen

Stan_Hansen
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Sick as fuck and totally unhinged

Period

J-Roc likes this.
  12. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

That read like one of our messageboards before every FSU game in the 90s. They just aren't even in our league when it comes to talent or coaching, but they've worked themselves into a frenzy at the idea of actually beating a team that's going for its third straight CFP appearance.

13. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

They shook

14. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce
    Expand Collapse

We're about to see a spike in depression and domestic violence statistics after this game

15. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully suicides as well

16. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Kinda hard to be on the rise when you're already at the top.
    :haters:

17. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

Going to be some tasty tears from the SCAR board tonight now that our trilogy with Bama has been set.

Adam likes this.
  18. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Mason2011 said... (original post)
    Like I said they could fall in a pile of s$&t and come out smelling like a rose. It seems like it always goes their way. Hate those pretentious inbreds.

Justinlynn0043 said... (original post)
    They’ve got 2 Clemsoners on the committee? What more do you need to know?

cockychamp11 said... (original post)
    I definitely understand and I was shocked to see them at #2 as well. Their SOS has been hemorrhaging besides Auburn. It honestly sucks that Auburn has rebounded and responded in a major way. Unfortunately, auburn destroying Georgia worked in Clemson’s favor in a huge way. If not for them, I don’t believe Clemson would be in the top 4. (Having two committee members with Clemson backgrounds doesn’t hurt either)

19. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

College Football is rigged

1. [​IMG]
      Cbreezy33Member
      I mean I don't even know where to start. The moment I saw NC State ranked as 19 in the College Football Rankings I knew it was to elevate Clemson. What an utter joke this all is.

NC State has lost just as many games as South Carolina, we beat them head to head in Charlotte and they have literally ZERO impressive wins. They were blown off the field by the team that was just blown off the field by Miami. I've seen all of these Gamecock fans downplay our success due to Florida and Tennessee being dumpster fires this season..yet NC State gets to take advantage of the biggest dumpster fire in all of college football in Florida St and an abysmal defensive team in Louisville and they get rewarded for it while we're told about how average our victories are. The bottom line is were 7-3, 5-3 in the SEC (same record we were the year we won the East) and we beat NC State head to head. Yet we're not even on the radar and they're ranked 19th to elevate Clemson. I've literally never cared enough to get worked up about rankings but it's hard not to see what's happening here.

NC State Victories- Marshall, Furman, FSU (by 6), Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt and Boston College. Wow so impressive!

Also Northwestern is bizarrely over-ranked as well. They lost to the worst Duke team of the last ten years 41-17...they have the same record as South Carolina and their most impressive win is against Michigan State who was just beyond exposed this week.

Northwestern victories-Nevada, Bowling Green, Maryland (by 4), Iowa, Mich St, Nebraska and Purdue. All one possession victories yet they're not penalized for being in the worst division in all of football. It's just a joke...the whole thing. Congrats Clemmy...they're gonna bend over backwards for ya'll.

20. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

That avatar is amazing lol

Clemson327, Animal Mother and Adam like this.
  21. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

Why doesn’t he list off all the impressive South Carolina victories

22. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

So unbelievably salty

23. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Those don't exist :scarlaugh:

Clemson327, TheTigerMan and Cutig like this.
  24. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

I've been pushing his buttons in that thread.

Styx, Clemson327, TheTigerMan and 6 others like this.
  25. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Clempson at 2 makes no sense.

Page 1....

Clemson327, Phillipdn and CUvinny like this.
  26. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Page 2...

Phillipdn likes this.
  27. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

page 3...

Phillipdn likes this.
  28. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Phillipdn likes this.
  29. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I notice he talks abt teams being over ranked to prop up one of the Top 4 teams but doesn’t point out the fact that Miss State didn’t move at all after losing and LSU, who lost to Troy at home, is ranked in the Top 20.

Phillipdn likes this.
  30. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Literally the opposite of what they do, or what any intelligent person does.

Lando Donovan likes this.
  31. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Wow, I had no idea this was the case. Like a lot of people, I just bought that bullshit that Auburn was no good back in September without even looking into whether it was true.

Clemson327, Phillipdn and CUvinny like this.
  32. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

33. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

Auburn was really good especially defensively when we played them, but they are better overall now.

It did take Stidham a few games to get comfortable with the offense.

He had a ADJ QBR of 38.4, 30.7 and 75.8 with 2 TDs and 2 INT against GSU, Clemson and Mercer. Then has really turned it on from that point as his comfort level with offense improved posting 5 out of 7 ADJ QBR over 85 (3 of 6 were upper 90s) and 12 TDs to 1 INT. The one other outlier for a QBR perspective was against LSU.

It is definitely balony that they were no good back in September, but they were not as good as they are now.

It stems from them losing to us and looking terrible offensively against us and them being in a one score game late with Mercer before a TD with 4 minutes left extended the lead to 24-10.

34. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

I get the NC State gripe and State is certainly getting mileage from beating FSU and LVille when they were still ranked.

As it pertains to Clemson though it s bullox. It doesn't matter if we were #1 or #6 because bottom line is we play Miami and barring crazy circumstances between now and that game the winner is in and the loser is out.

AC- likes this.
  35. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

The tears coming out of local radio this morning was fantastic. I was smiling my entire drive to work at how worked up they were.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)