SCAR: Embarrassing the State For 215 Years and Counting

Discussion in 'DVU' started by 19B, Jul 15, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 140 users.
  1. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

So, how about them gamecocks?

2. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

TheWampa and 19B like this.
  3. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

4. haywood jablowme

haywood jablowme
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I like this new place

Raggy likes this.
  5. cut68

cut68
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I think this is where I left my car

Raggy likes this.
  6. White Tajh Boyd

White Tajh Boyd
    Expand Collapse
    National Championship Team
    RCUSA Original

7. AC-

AC-
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

[​IMG]

we too deep

8. BumpNasties

BumpNasties
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Please keep the USC thread title the same over here! I want to continue drinking tears and that thread title has served us well.

Superstitions and stuff.

9. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

10. Lyrtch

Lyrtch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

this board is weird and i'm still not sure why it exists

CoastalOrange likes this.
  11. Raggy

Raggy
    Expand Collapse
    MVP: Most Valuable Pizza eater
    Staff Member First 38

Done

BumpNasties likes this.
  12. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

You couldn't let me have just this day? IS THIS WHAT THE MODS ARE LIKE IN OUR NEW HOME?

Cutig and TheWampa like this.
  13. Raggy

Raggy
    Expand Collapse
    MVP: Most Valuable Pizza eater
    Staff Member First 38

I couldn't risk jinxing it.

14. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Should we create a "No Conservative Mouthbreathers" board for you?

Adam, Clemson327, TheWampa and 2 others like this.
  15. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

1. Brandi Mills 3612 posts
      62 minutes ago
      The first time all the SC QBs have their own hashtags. #MitchPlease #Orthquake #Zodabeast #Scarnecky

16. BumpNasties

BumpNasties
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

She doesn't actually believe she has a real job. They have to pay her in football player cum shots.

Squints, cuz28 and tigerpawtattoo like this.
  17. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Not to be Debbie Downer here as I know everyone likes new and shiny but I am with you on this. Is this a private board or is it set to become the TigerIllustrated Board 2.0 within a month or so.

18. mbnativeson

mbnativeson
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Agreed. I'm not sure I like our new toy.

19. haywood jablowme

haywood jablowme
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

While it's cool and everything I just don't see the point. The only way this place makes sense is if the TMB page is going away.

20. AC-

AC-
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I like the new website and distancing ourselves from TMB, but I would rather it still be private.

fishking, cuangler, Pawpride and 6 others like this.
  21. John

John
    Expand Collapse

I HATE USC DAMN COCKS SURE DID CHOOSE THEIR NAME RITE

22. the great pumpkin

the great pumpkin
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I fear change

23. Aitch

Aitch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

While I am happy that @19B was able to reclaim his thread, I can take solace and satisfaction that the thread title was maintained.

tigerpawtattoo and 19B like this.
  24. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

This is no better than the shit they rolled out last year:

Tony Morrell said... (original post)

DE - Lewis

DT - Dixon Jr

DT - Stallworth

DE - Dixon

WLB - Walton

MLB - Moore

Nickel - Gurley

CB - McWilliams

SS - Diggs

FS - Johnson

CB - Lammons

I would also anticipate BAW and Sawyer playing a ton.

clemsontyger04 and Heism4n like this.
  25. Grady Jarrett

Grady Jarrett
    Expand Collapse
    In there like swimwear
    RCUSA Original

Bet they never imagined a scenario in which both Gerald Dixons were starting when packaging Clowney with him 5 years ago

clemsontyger04 and Cutig like this.
  26. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

Was thinking that too when I saw the depth chart. I thought one of them was OK, the other was just garbage. Hilarious that both will now be counted on to improve that awful defense

27. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Tony Morrell
    JuiceCock said... (original post)

Can you order these from most to least dangerous?
    Maty Mauk
    Josh Dobbs
    Patrick Towles
    Deshaun Watson
    Marquise Williams
    Anthony Harris/Brandon Jennings
    Kyle Allen

Watson
    Dobbs
    Allen
    Williams
    Mauk
    Towles
    Harris/Jennings

28. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Insider Scoop - Gamecock Defense

[​IMG]
    Senior Gerald Dixon Jr. is one of multiple interior linemen on the South Carolina team to have lost weight and worked hard in the weight room this summer. (Photo: Jeffrey Davis, 247Sports)
    I spoke with a source who recently watched South Carolina's team go through its conditioning drills, and this person came away very impressed with the group as a whole but especially the defensive linemen. I was told the group looks much more like you would expect an SEC defensive line group to look as compared to last year’s players who struggled so much. This source did not promise the defensive line would return to the form of, say, the 2012 group, especially when you look at how inexperienced several players are, but the size, speed and athleticism you look for are now there.

The coaches are particularly excited about the idea of having Marquavius Lewis and Dante Sawyer lined up together inside in the pass rushing package, knowing that one of the two will be singled up against a guard. The belief is both will be a handful for a typical guard to block in that scenario given Lewis’ and Sawyer’s quickness and ability to use their hands. Last year’s pass rushing package was almost completely ineffective because of personnel issues, but the coaches do not believe that will be an issue this year. Cedrick Cooper is also up close to 250 pounds and should be more of a factor this season if he stays healthy. Cooper, along with Gerald Dixon, are the two most fundamentally sound defensive linemen from what I was told.

My source also mentioned a noticeable change in the bodies of many of returning interior defensive linemen. He was not sure of exact weights, but said the guts of players like Phillip Dukes, Gerald Dixon Jr. and Abu Lamin were less pronounced than in the spring and that they were moving better as a result. Uric Jones was again mentioned as an eye catcher. He is very impressive physically and has made a faster transition to major college strength and conditioning than most junior college players do when they first arrive at a program.

My source was also excited about the potential of the linebackers this season and believes improved play up front will free the linebackers up to make more plays overall and more tackles closer to the line of scrimmage. The combination of depth and experience in this group is better than it has been in a few years and the staff believes that will pay dividends. The plan is to have three linebackers on the field in short yardage situations and more often than not against downhill running teams like Georgia and LSU. Against spread teams the defense will utilize the Spur/Nickel more and play with two true linebackers on the field. Skai Moore, Jonathan Walton and Bryson Allen-Williams were mentioned as three of the best the Gamecocks have at any one position on the team.

South Carolina’s 2014 defense often played on its heels and just could not stand up to good offenses in most games. This year’s defense, led by new coordinator Jon Hoke, hopes to reverse that trend and play with a more downhill and attacking mentality. Hoke wants his players to be more physical and will heavily emphasize takeaways and drive killing big plays from his defense. To do that, of course, the Gamecocks will have to be a much better tackling team in space and much more fundamentally sound overall than last season.

Two true freshmen who caught the eye of my source at the workout were linebacker Daniel Fennell and cornerback Rashad Fenton. Both players have been impressive since arriving at the end of May. It remains to be seen whether either will be needed this season because of the depth in front of them, but each passes the eye test from an athletic and physical standpoint.

It was also pointed out to me that the secondary should be better this season on its own just based on returning talent and the experience those players picked up last season. Add in an improved pass rush, new coach in Hoke and some talented newcomers like Isaiah Johnson, Toure Boyd and a redshirt freshman like Wesley Green and it is possible you could see significant improvement on the backend of the Gamecock defense.

Author
    Tony Morrell @TonyMorrellGCI

29. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Tony Morrell
    mickj said... (original post)
    With that info you got on the D coupled with Spurrier seeming more confident than in a long time, is this the best you've felt about our prospects for 2015 since the end of last season?
    It's way too early, but If on your next trip to Vegas you were allowed to set the odds for winning the East, what would they be for USC, TN, GA, and Missouri?
    I'd be surprised if it isn't TN or GA to win it, but any potential Achille's heel you see for either team?
    Last, again way too early, but do you think Spurrier will get Nunez 5-10 snaps a game (assuming Mitch stays healthy)?

I am starting to believe in the defense but still have major questions about the offense.

I think UGA is the clear favorite from a talent perspective. QB play could be their potential Achille's heel.

I don't know that it will happen every ga

30. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I love that they are starting to believe in this defense. Really hoping UNC hangs 50 on them.

31. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I think the sec will be down again just based on their qb situation. Looks pretty weak across the board.

Cutig likes this.
  32. MedicalTiger

MedicalTiger
    Expand Collapse
    Pessimist, MD
    RCUSA Original

Will be interesting to see if Nunez gets in the game if defenses respect the pass at all. I'd imagine it would be a pure wildcat/speed option play and could see defenses putting 9 in the box the moment he comes in the game. From what I have heard, Cooper is more of a threat to pass the ball than Nunez.

33. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

It's just like last year - Morrell told them his 'sources' said it could be the best team in Gamecock history...then reality started when the season began...and the glorious meltdown ensued. It's going to fascinating to watch their fan base meltdown again this year.

Phil Miller likes this.
  34. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Morrell's defense thread had me doing reminiscing today on some of Morrell's great 'sources'

Now lets look at some preseason talk of Lamin....
    Strong sources Morrell...

Papa, Clemson327, cuangler and 4 others like this.
  35. Phil Miller

Phil Miller
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Forgot to include kentucky wildcat qb on that danger list

TheWampa and AC- like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)