RAGE Center. We back.

Discussion in 'DVU' started by a congressman, Oct 7, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 74 users.
  1. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Yes

2. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Don’t think Dabo is a “bad guy”. Far from it.

It was a bad move though. People on this board were pointing it out extremely early in the game, as early as the first or second drive. The announcers were talking about him limping around well before he was knocked out of the game. Dabo apparently wasn’t going to pull him out unless he absolutely had to, even though anyone with eyes could see it.

Syracuse absolutely game planned around Bryant not being mobile.

3. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

The concussion was just the end point of his playing. I can guarantee you his ankle doesn’t feel very well. Were you watching the game at all? He was limping around and had no mobility for a quarter and a half at least. He was lucky the defense couldn’t get off the field.

4. deutztiger

deutztiger
    Expand Collapse

I agree to a point about avoiding the tackle if he were healthy, but he could just as easily been whacked and knocked out if he were 100%. My beef is based around him being taken out a couple drives earlier. If we have 3qs of any qb that can run 3/4 of our 0 we win.

5. Keywan1474

Keywan1474
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Ok who is Larry Williams on here?

"When you look at the stat sheet and see a total of 12 touches for Feaster and Etienne, your mind drifts to the 2006 Music City Bowl when C.J. Spillerand James Davis combined for 15 touches in a loss to Kentucky."

Squints and Styx like this.
  6. Jake Scott

Jake Scott
    Expand Collapse
    DVU Southeastern Recruiting Analyst

Turns out our staff moved him to corner. They love him there.

He would currently be playing wr if we hadn’t liked him better at CB. He balled out in preseason camp. He’s really fucking good.

7. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I remember liking his film. Was surprised we shot him down so quickly after Ortre went to Scar

8. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

9. orangeonmymind

orangeonmymind
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I thought this tweet summed up Friday for most of us.

10. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak
    Expand Collapse
    I'm Back

Who cares Tim? The team lost.

Styx likes this.
  11. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

Sup?

12. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Swinney said everybody was disappointed the loss, but believes the focus should be on Syracuse and the way the Orange played in the game.

"We got our butts kicked, and we deserved it, and we earned it," Swinney said. "Let's just compliment Syracuse. There ain't no excuses. They had the same opportunity as we did. They just outcoached us and outplayed us and they earned it and we earned our butt whooping. There's no excuses."

After the loss, Swinney decided to go into the Syracuse locker room to offer congratulations to Syracuse coach Dino Babers and the Orange players, a move that went viral after Syracuse players began talking about it during interviews and on social media.

"First of all, it's a very unique set up at Syracuse," Swinney said. "Our locker rooms are right beside each other in the same hallway. You could hear 'em celebrating. I wanted Dino to know, 'Listen this ain't about Clemson, this is about you guys.'

"I'm happy for him. He's trying to build a program. I have a lot of respect for him. They flat out outplayed us and I didn't want it to be , 'Well Clemson didn't play well'. They frickin' whipped our butts and outcoached us. That should be the story, nothing else. it was just right there. It wasn't that big a deal."

13. ACCfootprint

ACCfootprint
    Expand Collapse
    Still rocks "Dabo 2008" bumper sticker

It’s really troubling that Dabo thinks the game was about something other than Clemson making mistakes.

TheTigerMan and DMX like this.
  14. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I'm sure Coach Swinney realizes that we should be better than Syracuse, guys. He's just being gracious in defeat.

And what he said is true: they beat our ass. It wasn't like a boneheaded play or two cost us the game.

15. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

The locker rooms being right next door makes more sense now why he stepped in there.

16. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

We played an injured QB. We had what seemed like 4 or 5 personal fouls that kept drives alive or gave them great field position. At least one flat out bust on defense that led to a score. We missed 2 easy field goals and had the terrible fake punt to give them the ball at midfield to ice the game.

Sorry, they played well above their heads but we played terrible in every phase of the game and made some really stupid decisions the entire game. Dabo HAS to say things like that.

ACCfootprint likes this.
  17. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

He also said this:

"We had a lot of mistakes, 100-and-something yards in penalties. We didn't have great discipline on defense at all. Just inexcusable. All those things add up. We just didn't do a good job on third down either. A bad night defensively. They just flat out beat us.

"Offensively we were poor on third down. We had been a good team on third down. Really poor with what I saw on tape. We had missed assignments and yes it hurt us with Kelly Bryant going out because he had been playing pretty good. The kicking game is a major concern now. You expect to come away with points there. We've got improving to do, though, across the board.

18. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

“Justin took a tumble while attempting to celebrate with fans after Syracuse’s upset of Clemson with hundreds of ecstatic Cuse fans. Unfortunately, while hopping over the railing on the way down to the turf he was pushed. Upon impact with the turf his right ankle was completely crushed, his left kneecap was displaced and he broke both legs. After two surgeries that included rods, plates and pins, Justin is likely to be out of work for 3-6 months.”

https://sportsnaut.com/2017/10/justin-heath-broke-legs-storming-field-clemson/

:manny:
    :jamarcus:

19. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Ouch

20. Aitch

Aitch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

No joke: All the other Cuse fans will feel the pain as he recounts his exploits year after year after year on their message boards.

21. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I see what you did there

gvtiger07 and Buzz like this.
  22. geegecko

geegecko
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It's just a scratch.

[​IMG]

23. Keywan1474

Keywan1474
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

@millerhighlife
    Click my profile for the full story

24. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

That is pretty shitty.

25. Irish Red Homebrew

Irish Red Homebrew
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Underrated post

Clemsonman10 and gvtiger07 like this.
  26. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

JustinCuseFan87 is going to come back and blow up 150 balloons with just his personal hot air next home game.

Clemson327 and gvtiger07 like this.
  27. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

"Hey Justin, tell us about the time you ruined your life hopping a wall,spaz"

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)