RAGE Center. We back.

Discussion in 'DVU' started by a congressman, Oct 7, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 74 users.
  1. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Let's get this over with

2. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Stay healthy. Keep playing the backups early.

3. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Hopefully we won't crumble due to all the noise and heat.

4. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

The Carrier dome but with no AC. Scary af. :nailbite:

5. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Just like the WF game, I love this plan but I'd love to see us truly put Syracuse away before we bring a lot of backups in the game.

And before everyone jumps down my throat since this board has turned into TI recently with everything having to be an argument, I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM SAYING I COULD DO THINGS BETTER THAN DABO, MERELY POSTING A THOUGHT.

Styx, faulker08, tboon6317 and 7 others like this.
  6. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

7. Grady Jarrett

Grady Jarrett
    Expand Collapse
    In there like swimwear
    RCUSA Original

Hate playing Friday but at least we're one day closer to the next game than usual on a Sunday. Maintain that we should start Hunter here and give KB three weeks to recover for Tech

Styx and Smoakshow like this.
  8. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

I agree. If Bryant is still hurt in any way give him the day off and put handy put there. Our defense can beat cuse on their own, and we absolutely have to have Bryant healthy for tech.

9. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Everyone sit down. I have something to tell you.

We're probably wearing pink gear this week. We never play well when that happens.

statebird likes this.
  10. Chad Lynch

Chad Lynch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Cuse 31
    Clem 16

We aren't near as good as everyone thinks.

11. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Everyone remember when these Chad Lynch posts used to trigger the shit out of a bunch of people? I 'member

Junkyard Dog likes this.
  12. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

-21 on BetOnline.

13. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

If you think you could do better then... Wait who the hell makes that argument?

14. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

The plan clearly works but you have to think several players that are good enough to win awards will never have much of a chance getting taken out so early.

15. faulker08

faulker08
    Expand Collapse

Glad someone else noticed this.

a congressman likes this.
  16. faulker08

faulker08
    Expand Collapse

Hunter looked amazing on the quick outs....which is the one thing KB can’t give us. Reminded me of Tajh slinging the ball out to Sammy and letting him do all of the work.

I want to see if Hunter can handle a game when the pocket starts breaking down on every play (like the middle part of the BC and Wake games). KB seems to handle that pretty well and has a strange way of escaping the trouble.

A lot of words to say I’d like to see how well HJ can run/scramble. I wasn’t impressed in the spring game, but maybe it is getting better.

17. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Clemson starting quarterback Kelly Bryant left Saturday's game with a left ankle injury in the third quarter of the 28-14 win over Wake Forest.

Head coach Dabo Swinney spoke with the media during his Sunday teleconference and updated Bryant's injury status.

"He came in today and was a little sore and actually was moving around OK," Swinney said. "He is day-to-day and we will see how he progresses the rest of the week."

A reporter asked if Bryant would be able to practice this week.

"Kelly is gonna be just fine, he'll be limited today, but he'll be able to practice this week. If he can't play, we will go to the next guy."

Another reporter asked what would be the gameplan with the backup quarterbacks if Bryant wasn't ready.

"I expect Kelly to be ready to go but if he’s not, we’ll have a plan," Swinney said. "But I'm not going to lay it out for Syracuse."

Bryant was seen in a walking boot on Saturday after the game during interviews and explained the play where he got injured.

"I just got hit high and got hit low and rolled my ankle so I'll be in treatment all week to recover from it," Bryant said.

A reporter asked if he could have gotten back into the game if it was a closer margin.

"I didn't want to force it and make it worse than it was so we tried sideline running on it and it wasn't feeling too good so I didn't wanna rush it and try to get back out there and hurt myself more," Bryant said.

For the Wake Forest game, Bryant was 21-for-29 passing for 200 passing yards with a passing touchdown and an interception.

In 2017, Bryant has completed 107-for-159 passes for 1259 passing yards with four passing touchdowns and four interceptions. He also has seven rushing touchdowns on the season.

18. Phil Miller

Phil Miller
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

That one pass he completed to Rodgers could've been a pick 6. Part of dealing with a true Fr. QB.

tboon6317 likes this.
  19. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

20. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

21. TheWampa

TheWampa
    Expand Collapse
    A real Hoth mess
    First 38

Really sucks they have to limit folks on the Hill. I’m very glad I got my time in as a student prior to that happening.

22. faulker08

faulker08
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, but at the same time....it was perfectly placed to where the defender couldn't get it and Amari could catch it and get up field.

23. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Johnson definitely looked good. Much better than Cooper... yikes.

24. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Nobody in particular. But a lot of people recently have been jumping down a lot of other people's throats for one reason or another. One of those reasons being questioning decisions Dabo has made. So I wanted to make clear that I understand Dabo's methods work, just offering a thought as to things I'd prefer to see from the coach/team from my moderately comfy couch.

Doc Louis and Styx like this.
  25. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Did we ever find out why Cooper went back in after Handy got on the field? Did Handy get knicked or something?

26. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Just like with most of these, Dabo probably just felt like putting him in.

Styx likes this.
  27. RIP Tiger Tails

RIP Tiger Tails
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Jeff Scott said they’re basically splitting reps now with the 2s. They will roll each two series and continue doing so.

28. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Ain't but one award we playin' for, bruh.

Raggy, Doc Louis, gvtiger07 and 9 others like this.
  29. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

If the recruits would prefer a position trophy over a natty, they can fuck right off to some shitty sec team

30. OxfordTiger

OxfordTiger
    Expand Collapse

My guess is putting Johnson in could’ve signaled certainty Cooper is transferring, as another good series by Johnson could've put Cooper at third string.

31. orangeonmymind

orangeonmymind
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

We seemingly play much better on the road than at home. 41-7 type score wouldn't surprise me.

Phillipdn and a congressman like this.
  32. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Honestly if Cooper transfers at this point does it really matter? We have enough depth this year and add another star next year.

Styx likes this.
  33. OxfordTiger

OxfordTiger
    Expand Collapse

I think you’re right long-term, but I’d guess you want to delay things as long as possible - keep the current guys locked in as long as you can rather than their focus being on their next school.

clemsontyger04 likes this.
  34. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I have no doubts we can move the ball. We need to work on scoring, but we move the ball as well as anyone in the nation and you better believe Dino's been saving some plays for Clemson (even though it drives me nuts we haven't fully opened the playbook imo).

I think theres one unit on our team that could give us a chance in this game and that's our linebackers. Clemson will have, potentially, fresh meat at QB. If Bennet/Thomas/Valdez/Franklin etc. can play their aces off for the full game and be the vets we know they are... who the hell knows what could happen in the dome. They gotta be everywhere. Helping Slayton stop the run. Keep the QB honest with Robinson. Drop into and be disruptive in coverage. This unit has no room for error against what I think is inarguably the best team in the nation.

We aren't the same team we've been since the ACC move.

Another big key that I have no worries about is Dino getting the team pumped up and ready/focused from first kickoff.

Trueblue25, Today at 10:02 AM

Clemson327 and gvtiger07 like this.
  35. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Clemson327 and gvtiger07 like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)