Official TI Bat Signal Thread

Discussion in 'DVU' started by triceratops, Sep 10, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 68 users.
  1. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Racist much?

2. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

The trust fund baby who doesn't work for shit knows all the answers for poor people. Incredible.

friedskillet and budkilmer like this.
  3. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

For fucks sake, can we not turn this thread into another political thread?

If you want to jump into that argument, go back to TI.

NST, MauldinT, tigerpride and 2 others like this.
  4. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak
    Expand Collapse
    I'm Back

There are charities that do good work. Most are not the nationwide organizations. If you want to truly do good, give to a childhood cancer organization. St. Jude's is actually a great place to give. A charity in Houston actually housed us for 7 months while my son was getting treatment. They leased apartments for people out of town to come to MD Anderson for treatment. Once when the apartments were full, we actually stayed at the founders house.

There are good charity's out there for people who really need help. Childhood cancer charities are my favorite to donate to because it hits home. If you have seen what I have seen, you wouldn't give anywhere else.

5. JocasseeTiger

JocasseeTiger
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I really hope this is hyperbole but there are more ways to give than with money. Plenty of kids in low income schools are way behind on basic math and reading skills. It only takes an hour a week to help educate a child and there are plenty of organizations that only ask for your time.

6. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

As long as we're talking worthy charities, let's not forget cheerleader carwashes.

7. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

My grandparents (both now deceased) used to live in Miami. My father and his brother are both general contractors and went down there to help their parents rebuild after Hurricane Andrew went through in 1992. It was bad; tanks moving through the streets, people sitting out on their front porches with shotguns to protect against looters, no power, no water.

He said that he'll never forget the Red Cross. They would arrive in neighborhoods with first aid kits, bottled waters and bagged sandwiches, and it was like Christmastime. People would flock to them, so grateful and appreciative for their assistance. And supplies were handed out with smiles and hugs.

He said he'll never forget that and donates to them whenever he can.

NST, friedskillet, Clemson327 and 9 others like this.
  8. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

My wife is a middle school teacher. Every year without fail when cold weather comes she will have numerous kids in her classes that don't have coats nor long sleeve shirts nor decent shoes to wear. So she makes a list of the kids and we get the guidance councilor to find out from these kids what sizes are needed and we go shopping and buy coats and sweaters and hoodies and shoes and what not. Then my wife takes them to the guidance councilor and she calls in the kids and gives them their clothes. That way the kids don't know who did this for them and they won't feel embarrassed that it was their teacher.

This is something that I choose to do instead of giving to an organization. I makes me madder than hell that a young kid who isn't yet old enough to support himself or herself has such shit tier parents that they can't get off their ass and go to even Goodwill or His House and buy their kid warm clothes. These kids are standing out in the fucking cold waiting for the school bus in t-shirts and sandals a lot of times. Summer clothes in December. Pisses me off to the point of blind hatred. An adult who is too shitty to support themselves, fuck em. Let them freeze. But a kid who isn't old enough to work and support themselves shouldn't have to be out in the damn cold without proper clothes. So I choose to go buy these kids new warm clothes.

My wife always tells me how proud these kids are when they come in wearing nice new gear. And I get madder than hell again. Anger and fury make a great go to emotion to avoid sadness.

9. TCJ

TCJ
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

:butwhy:

Pawpride and clemsontyger04 like this.
  10. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

Don't mind him, he's clueless

Cutig and u jelly like this.
  11. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I know what he is saying though. There are a lot of people who make a pile a of money and don't do shit to earn it by starting a non-profit. Some bullshit foundation or charity.

12. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Back on topic, someone started a thread this morning on TI about Tom Price and wasteful government spending. Thread was deleted. Not moved to round table, deleted. Didn't seem to be any namecalling or profanity.

Meanwhile, tax plan thread is up to 7 pages and counting on the WEZ.

NST and Cutig like this.
  13. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce
    Expand Collapse

Dude, same experience here. My wife was an elementary school teacher in Berea in (i believe) the poorest school in the state. Real shitty part of town (well, I guess all of Berea is pretty shitty...).
    The amount of children without a fucking jacket or proper shoes in the winter made me want to rage. Some kids would complain that all they had for breakfast were skittles. We used to buy backpacks and fill them with clothes for these children and then deliver to their houses. Every Christmas we would buy toys just so they could get something, anything. However I damn near lost my shit when we walked into a house of a couple of kids who needed some help and in the living room was a bigger and nicer TV than I could ever afford.

But yeah - similar to you we tried to devote our time locally and directly instead of giving money to an organization but damn it if it didn't make me rage face daily.

Anyway - one way to find a good charitable organization is to see how much (or little, really) the person running the charity makes per year. FU Goodwill.

14. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce
    Expand Collapse

Are you calling conspiracy? Because I like a good conspiracy.

Cutig likes this.
  15. mooser3586

mooser3586
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I'll second this. My wife teaches kindergarten and we have the same experience when winter rolls around.

Styx likes this.
  16. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

When there's a CEO making a large salary and many paid employees it's a business not a charity. When 100% of the money doesn't go towards the cause I don't consider it a charity. Why the fuck give to a "charity" when your money can go 100% towards something good. Yes there's some that 100% is towards the good but that's very rare. I give my time because I have it. I also am working again even though I don't have to. It keeps me out of trouble

17. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

This has been going on for a while now

Anything that can be viewed negatively to the conservative cause immediately gets shuttled off to the round table or deleted.

Don't mind the tax discussion because it's actually pretty grounded and not too inflammatory even though a few passive aggressive posts grind my gears. I think there are people in that thread that believe everyone on the site make over 150k a year and screw everyone else.

18. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Those are solid examples, charities actually accomplish stuff while nonprofits (which can be confused with charities) are more what Kyle was referring to, i.e. Foundations to raise awareness for blah blah blah, and basically give rich people's wives something to do and plan parties, etc.

Styx likes this.
  19. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Ok so they have to pay people to do the work,I get that, but to expect 100% to go to the charity is a bit much. Like when I give to the Red cross, those weekend nurses aren't there taking my second best bodily fluid I have to offer for nothing. They're getting paid to be there.

20. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I volunteer my time when I deliver meals and my time is usually much more expensive than a nurse's. Good management of the charity can find nurses to volunteer theirs. Plenty of medical professionals perform free work in their spair time. Many other volunteers when disaster strikes volunteer their time for free so you can't tell me that isn't possible for a nurse to do. You also don't have to be an RN to draw blood

Doc Louis likes this.
  21. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

[​IMG]

22. TCJ

TCJ
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

lol

23. TCJ

TCJ
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

lol

24. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

The Red Cross pays them. They are employees.

25. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Duh. I'm calling for volunteers in order to consider it a worthy charity. Even with donations for Houston their response was that they weren't sure how much the current donations would actually go to Houston. Many better than red cross

26. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

This makes sense in your head bc you're an imbecile

27. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

We certainly may disagree on a lot of topics, mostly politically related, but I assure you I am no imbecile. Incensitve asshole maybe. But no lack of mental capacity here.

28. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Exactly what I would expect an imbecile to say.

29. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

You just go ahead and try to prove I have embezzled anything!!!

u jelly likes this.
  30. Aitch

Aitch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Hugh, you forgot compliance’s contact information this time.

31. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Just go to backpage.com I am pretty sure they can point you in the right direction.

Aitch likes this.
  32. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

Ard is always posting slightly germane random opinions or information in threads.

This one on the Big 10 might be my new favorite. And the close is like how Trump would end a tweet. As if America needs to pump out a couple stories a month on why they don't change their name to the Big 14. Big 10 hasn't had 10 teams since 1989.

"I still believe it's odd - no, stupid actually - that it's the Big Ten and yet there are 14 programs in the conference. I get branding, but you're not the Big Ten. You've got 14 institutions in your conference.

Really surprised there isn't more coverage of this."

CUvinny, Doc Louis, gvtiger07 and 7 others like this.
  33. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

" don't let this distract you from the fact that the big ten has 14 teams".

Doc Louis and Clemson327 like this.
  34. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

The level of stupid on TI right now is impressive.

Doc Louis and clemsontigerfan like this.
  35. clemsontigerfan

clemsontigerfan
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original 2015 Pick'em Winner

TI has turned into tigernet. It's a shell of what it used to be.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)