Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night ... The Weather is Discussed

Discussion in 'DVU' started by HotButteredGrits, Aug 18, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 75 users.
  1. Tigers

Tigers
    Expand Collapse
    All around cool guy
    Staff Member

These are the best webcams I can find for Key West. Since these are hosted on YouTube they have the best chance of staying accessible.

2. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

Don't you die in this, Chinaman. Survive and persevere. We don't want to lose you.

Clemsonman10 likes this.
  3. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

My sister is riding it out in Tampa. Nervous af.

4. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

All are down. Probably not a good sign.

5. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

And all those are down. No bueno.

6. Tigers

Tigers
    Expand Collapse
    All around cool guy
    Staff Member

all up right now. eye very close to KW

statebird likes this.
  7. statebird

statebird
    Expand Collapse
    Let's go rip some throats
    First 38

What are the long range models saying about Jose after the loop?

Edit: as of now Euro says fish storm

8. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

Yeah. Yesterday they both had it coming close to the outer banks but staying offshore. Not going to bother with that one until it makes whatever loop its making.

statebird likes this.
  9. statebird

statebird
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Irma as been tracking NNE for a good hour, won't take a whole lot more of this for it to leave the cone.

10. TheWampa

TheWampa
    Expand Collapse
    A real Hoth mess
    First 38

Link?

11. statebird

statebird
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

TheWampa likes this.
  12. TCJ

TCJ
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

This is a big damn storm. Ready for this to be over.

13. Papa

Papa
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I guess you stayed in Jacksonville? Has there been any flooding there? Any damage for you personally? Did you lose power? On the bright side (if there is one), you got the tropical storm version of Irma when they were projecting a cat 4-5 version in Jax at one time.

14. mbnativeson

mbnativeson
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Hoping it moves through soon and that you are safe in Jax.

15. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

Palm Trees indestructible

Clemson327 likes this.
  16. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

:palmettosmug

17. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

This damn wind is killing my sleep. Times like these are the only time it sucks to live high up in the air. Stronger wins up here. Can't believe how many places closed up here in the upstate

18. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

19. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

This is Duke Energy's update for the upstate:

Strong winds associated with Hurricane Irma will impact portions of the Carolinas Service Area Monday and Monday night. A strong pressure gradient between Irma to our west and high pressure to our northeast will create increasing strong winds and wind gusts Monday into Monday night. In addition to the wind, the Carolinas can expected significant rainfall even though Irma is going to pass well west of the area. By Tuesday morning, 1-2" of rain is expected across the central Carolinas and 2-4" of rain is expected across the western Carolinas. Locally higher amounts are possible across far western Upstate SC and the southwestern NC mountains. The combination of wet soil and strong, gusty winds will result in significant power outages in the Carolinas Service Area, primarily across the Carolinas-West region.

A high wind warning is in effect from now through 2am Tuesday for southwestern NC and western Upstate South Carolina, including the Greenville-Spartanburg metro area. Winds will continue to increase this morning becoming strong by afternoon. The strong winds will continue into the evening. Winds will be out of the northeast at 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph. Strong winds and saturated soils will lead to widespread to significant power outages in these areas. The strongest winds are expected from early this afternoon through tonight.

A wind advisory is in effect for the NC foothills and central North and South Carolina, including the Charlotte metro area. Winds will increase Monday morning becoming strong by afternoon. The strong winds will continue into the evening. Winds will be out of the northeast at 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph. Strong winds will combine with increasingly saturated soils to result in widespread power outages in these areas. The strongest winds are expected from early this afternoon through tonight.

A wind advisory is also in effect for north-central and northeastern SC as well as southeastern NC through 2am Tuesday. Winds will increase this morning, becoming easterly at 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph. Scattered to widespread power outages are expected in this area. The strongest winds are expected from late this morning through tonight.

tigerpride likes this.
  20. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Many on fb complaining about power outages in Anderson. Mine can't go out but hopefully Charter doesn't have any problems

21. MauldinT

MauldinT
    Expand Collapse
    The pride of Simpsonville

:contused:

22. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

What? I try to sleep until lunch. Wind was making my windows make all kind of noises. My building was erected in the late 1800s so it's a tank but it makes noises

23. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I even had to leave and come over to the house. At least unlike the poor areas my lines are underground

24. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

People around the southeast are having a lot bigger problems than your damn sleeping to noon gripe. Be a human just once in your life.

25. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Office closed today as well as school for the wife. Lots of rain here in Lexington County. Some wind but nothing severe so far. Pecan trees shedding small limbs like usual. That is about it. I think this may just be a big soaker here. A bunch of beagle hounds sprauled out on blankets in the kitchen floor. I am about to mix a drink and watch replayed college ball.

Hope all is well where the rest of you gents are. Stay safe.

26. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

And my prayers have been going out for them. Doesn't mean that it's impossible for something to also annoy me. What a joke. People are so fucking sensitive.

27. Byrnes6d1

Byrnes6d1
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

We're getting 40-60 mph gusts in aiken sc.

Can't imagine riding one of these things out on the coast.

I'm just staring at pine trees swaying

28. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

29. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Power just went out. I guess the wind has kicked up enough to put a limb over a line or cause a transformer breaker to trip. Hope it comes back on before my battery life runs out on my tablet and phone. Then I will be drinking booze and reading books by candle light I suppose.

30. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Lost power in Westminster around 5:30. Not getting much rain, just heavy wind. Saw a few snapped pine trees and a snapped flag pole on the way home.

31. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Should have updated. Power back on in about 2 hours. Co Op took care of business quickly. Very pleased. Still rain and a bit of wind but not bad.

Clemson327 likes this.
  32. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Video of plane attempting landing at Myrtle Beach yesterday. Good pilot.

CUvinny likes this.
  33. TCJ

TCJ
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Yeah, stayed here. If you see pics of flooding in Jax it is most likely my neighborhood. No damage to our house personally (except some minor shit like fucked up fence) but we are still without power and have heard we will be for at least 3-4 more says.

I live a block from the St. Johns River. Watching that storm surge was amazing. Unfortunately, several of my friends had their houses flooded, some significantly. One of my buddies probably had piece of 9-10 docks stacked up in his back yard. Most of my friends with docks lost them. Was texting one of my best friends last night (another Clemson dude) - he had just finished construction of his dock two weeks agao. He texted me back "80K just floated down the river."

It was a Cat 1 when it hit but the storm surge was estimated as that of a Cat 3

Papa and HotButteredGrits like this.
  34. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Jose being stubborn and still a potential issue for the NE next week. Probably wont hit but will create problems.
    [​IMG]

35. boscohell

boscohell
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

That bright green path must be Jose going on a bender then dabbling off into some booger sugar. IMG_0936.GIF

19B likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)