@ NC State: 3:30 ABC

Discussion in 'DVU' started by brobson, Oct 29, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 78 users.
  1. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Ard:

Clemson's staff believes this will be a very close game, fwiw. We'll see. Could be close. Could be Clemson by 14+. On paper it is Clemson by 14+. On paper, all day. But there are times when we give variables a lot of weight. This is one of those times. We think it'll be a great game and that Clemson will win, get out of Raleigh and wrap up an 11-1 regular season.

2. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

We win comfortably as long as our OC doesn't go conservative and stall us out. Can't sit on a small lead in this one

3. Papa

Papa
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

With the way Louisville and FSU are playing, maybe Syracuse

4. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

With the ACC’s Atlantic Division Championship at stake, wide receiver Hunter Renfrow admitted the Tigers have been looking forward to and paying attention to the Wolfpack for a while now.

“It’s been at the back of our minds for a few weeks now,” the junior said. “We have seen how they have played over the course of the season. It’s something that we kind of saw in the future, but we were focused on the game at hand. We saw it coming and we’re ready to play our best game.”

:biden:

5. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Surely Ard is smart enough to realize that if the staff truly believes we're going to throttle them they wouldn't be telling him or allowing him to run with it on his site.

6. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Welp...

7. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

I believe we win 31-10 and maybe worse. I believe this because it is what we are capable of doing with this team and program and because I am a Clemson fan and an optimist when it comes to my expectation of our potential capability come game time. This may surprise a few of you but it is true.

However, if we make the errors and mistakes and turnovers and overall halfasses it takes to lose this fucking ballgame, I can guarantee you all that I will mutherfuck every single living thing within earshot and/or on this board tomorrow evening and I better not hear any bullshit coddling and excuses for such a colossal failure.

Edit - I almost forgot. Y'all enjoy your evening and be safe. We have a big game tomorrow.

8. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

No offense but I’m :rofl: at Styx the optimist. Enjoy your evening, we’re winning the Atlantic tomorrow.

9. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

TL Hanna is beating those douchers at Byrnes 42-7 at half. I expect similar tomorrow

Tony Perkis, AC- and nctiger5 like this.
  10. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

By “staff,” he likely means Joe Batson or Brad Scott.

11. orangeonmymind

orangeonmymind
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I'm worried that they just throw up prayers on third and long all night to Harmon and Samuels and we have like 11 pass interference penalties.

12. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Then we need to get up in that ass before Finley has time to chuck prayerballs.

GET UP IN THAT ASS, LARRY.

13. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

This is the biggest concern on defense. Our DBs aren't great. Don't force any turnovers and vulnerable to chucking.

14. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

15. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Last year, the hit on Gallman was clearly dirty and clearly targting...but was not called. However, on the Dave Doeren show, he made an interesting comment that everybody took notice of. In response to a question about whether NC State did the things they needed to do to win, he responded “Yeah we did, you know I mean we knocked their tailback out of the game...".

Recalling an injury to an opposing player as a 'positive' is not very classy. The Network later issued an apology for his comments:

“Coach Doeren's comments during his weekly television program were in the context of the overall physical play of the defense, as he also referenced having four takeaways, a pair of goal line stands and giving up just two plays of more than twenty yards," the official stated. "Coach [Doeren] has great respect for Wayne [Gallman] and publicly praised him leading into the game two weeks ago. We are glad Wayne is well and wish him and Clemson success the rest of the season.”

Don't think Dabo and Clemson didn't take notice; and don't think for a minute Dabo or the Clemson team has forgotten.

Dabo said before the season that we are going to 'leave no doubt'. Last season, there were three games in which there was 'doubt' left per the media - Louisville, NCST and VT. Both Louisville and VT were on the road; with ESPN Gameday present; with blackouts called for; and with them considering the games one of the biggest in school history and a potential program changer....we absolutely destroyed both teams. That only leaves NCST.

Again - don't think Dabo and Clemson have forgotten the Gallman hit and Doeren's subsequent comments. Don't think that Clemson isn't tired of hearing how NSCT 'should' have beaten them if their kicker could hit a FG. Don't think "leave no doubt" isn't going through their minds. This week, Hunter Renfrow admitted said the Tigers have been looking forward to and paying attention to the Wolfpack for a while now. “It’s been at the back of our minds for a few weeks now,” the junior said. “We have seen how they have played over the course of the season. It’s something that we kind of saw in the future, but we were focused on the game at hand. We saw it coming and we’re ready to play our best game.”

We are going up to Raleigh to lay a whooping on NCST...period. We were as focused as I've seen the team vs UofL and VT....and a recreation of those games will happen in Raleigh today.

Clemson 31-17

16. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I buy Doreen's explanation. My opinion on that hit is that it was clearly targeting, but probably not intentional. The guy seemed to be aiming for the ball and Gallman lowered his head into it. Still an unsafe play, still targeting, and still the type of tackling that the targeting rules are intended to prevent, but probably not malicious.

All that being said, anywhere I talk about this off-board, I am all aboard the "NCST plays dirty and Doreen told them to do it" train. Screw those dirty headhunters.

17. fishking

fishking
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

They took a couple shots at Deshaun early in the game too. They just didn’t connect.

No doubt in my mind it was part of their game plan.

u jelly likes this.
  18. Aitch

Aitch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I’m nervous af. But will predict a big win. As mentioned, I believe the team remembers the bullshit from last year, and will be focused and driven.

I fear that we will not put them away, allow them to hang around and gain home field confidence.

Clemson 34-13

19. OxfordTiger

OxfordTiger
    Expand Collapse

Line moved quickly from -7 to -8 in last hour. Some sharps like us.

Clemson327 and Dirty Ears Bill like this.
  20. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Pollack is questioning whether KB’s ankle is good. Blaming our second half sputters vs GT on KB tweaking it at the end of the first half.

21. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I don’t know about the explanation but our offense does seem to bog down rather suddenly and for decent stretches. My personal hot take is that it happens during the mass subs times or when TE/JS go way too conservative.

22. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I’m not sure about that. 2nd team was in on our third possession last week. 8 plays, 55 yards and a TD. They were in on our sixth possession. 10 plays, 71 yards and a TD.

23. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Our 2nd team was in on the 3rd possession vs WF and GT...and we continued to heavily sub. Obviously, overall, that creates rhythm problems and stalls the offense to some extent. That is your main culprit.

CoastalOrange likes this.
  24. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

There's a 20+ min scoring drought in almost all of our games vs P5

Aub: 29 min, 26 min
    VT: 20 min and 22 min
    BC: 22 min and 25 min
    Wake: 29 min
    Syracuse: 32 min

CoastalOrange likes this.
  25. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

Line is up to -9 on some books.

gvtiger07 and OxfordTiger like this.
  26. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Guessing that means Hines is definitely not playing.

27. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

There's a pretty killer Mexican outfit in parts of the midwest called Aberlardo's. I hit the gym and then grabbed this hash brown burrito on my way back for the first wave of games. This fucker's like 9 inches long and has hash browns, sausage, bacon, egg, cheese, jalapenos, and sour cream. The wrap is super buttery, too.
    [​IMG]

What I mean to say is that WE WINNIN boys.

:wooo:

28. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

The only loser today is @tboon6317's butthole.

29. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

30. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

Currently in "calm before the storm" mode. Pretty sure there is a clear line on the radar headed this way...

31. Animal Mother

Animal Mother
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Their fans don't want any of this after last week. We're gonna skull fuck these bums...

32. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

What the fuck is wrong with that fan base?

Animal Mother likes this.
  33. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

I don't think they can tailgate until 3 hours before kickoff.

NST likes this.
  34. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

What the fuck is wrong with that AD?

35. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

Someone got killed (shot?) tailgating a year or so ago if I'm remembering correctly.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)