@ NC State: 3:30 ABC

Discussion in 'DVU' started by brobson, Oct 29, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 78 users.
  1. Codename Duchess

Codename Duchess
    Expand Collapse

2. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Dabo adjusting to only running 9 and 28 won the game for us. We may now fuss they didn't get enough carries but at least they got all the rb carries

Doc Louis and DMX like this.
  3. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Maybe KB's best play of the season

4. TheWampa

TheWampa
    Expand Collapse
    A real Hoth mess
    First 38

Really liked the shovel pass play to Feaster.

TheTigerMan likes this.
  5. TheWampa

TheWampa
    Expand Collapse
    A real Hoth mess
    First 38

Watching condensed highlights and goddamn did we get held a ton.

6. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

Surprised if college OL coaches don't teach their OL to hold because it almost never gets called unless it is a take down.

It gets called frequently in the NFL, but in college in is almost never called.

TheWampa likes this.
  7. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

John Swofford
    • ToddFullersArmy
      • [​IMG]
      • (92)
      • 9 months
      21 hours agovia MobileThe guy has privately told many cronies @ cocktail hour that NC State will never win anything of significance under his watch .

It takes a majority vote per by laws to get rid of him . He has Duke, Clemson, UNC, BC, Syracuse & Wake in his back pocket for a variety of reasons.

FSU, VaTech and State are the only three schools making efforts to see him dismissed. The guy helped establish the largest academic cheating scandal in the history of college athletics in large part exposed by NC State fans. You really think your gonna catch a break or get fair calls under his watch . Get real . Until Swofford is dismissed NC State will be playing with one arm tied behind their back . Until Swoffords antics are exposed and go viral or until someone meaningful , Yow , or Woodson etc speak out the cheating by the conf officials will continue.

#1057 Adam, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  8. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

lumberpack3
    • (12358)
    • 105 months
    19 hours ago
    Some of y'all don't play golf in the right places. ;)

For those thinking that Woodson can confront the UNC System - that's naive. To do so would be to cut State's throat.

When the game is dirty, you have to play dirty to win. Scruples and integrity are only hindrances in this game.

And most of all, athletics are just a show, the real game is played a level or two above and winning an ACC title in football and basketball is not worth other academic agenda items.

From the time we lost to SC we were of no potential use to the conference bank account. Had we one that game, and if Clemson's qb had not been hurt, things might have been different in South Bend, and the need to put the conference thumb on us yesterday would not have been so pressing. If the conference can steer ND into the Orange Bowl the conference makes an additional $17-$20 million this year. A team in the playoff is another $6 million. Just wait until you see the ACCCG - whatever is needed for the league to make the most money is what will happen.

9. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

There are two pages of conspiracy posts. Surprisingly, nobody has replied to these two posts:

LETTERL
    Why would Clemson be in Swofford's pocket? They're still angry about the effort led by Swofford when he was AD at UNC to add additional probation time after the Tigers won the '81 championship. I assure you...the Tigers cannot stand John Swofford.

• PKP 313 Guys I'm just curious... if Clemson is the ACC'S protected cash cow, why would they have called that critical chop block against Clemson, which was questionable at best. The RG got him low, and the C hadn't even touched the DT. At best, they were 3 feet away playing patty cake, but I seriously don't even think they touched. It wiped a TD off the board.

I think as fans we sometimes confuse conspiracy with incompetence. Our league officials are not good.

10. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

• WolfPacker54
      • Does anybody really think this wasn't fixed? Multiple calls on 3rd down to keep Clemson drives going in the first half. Bizarre review and over-turning the catch AFTER THE BALL HAD BEEN SNAPPED. Lots of no calls on Clemson defenders, especially on that last drive, and then making a nail-in-coffin illegal shift call on a potentially game-winning catch? Does ANYBODY think that illegal shift would have been called on Clemson had the roles been reversed. We lost this game because that was the script. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

11. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

I feel like I have read these takes before on another board about 8-10 years ago.

ironlung, DrRockso, NST and 24 others like this.
  12. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I'm sure it's been discussed but I just noticed that Feaster only had 8 carries, Etienne had 7. And after Feaster's 89 yard run, at end of 3rdQ, he only touched the ball one more time for 2 yards.

MauldinT likes this.
  13. MauldinT

MauldinT
    Expand Collapse
    The pride of Simpsonville

I mentioned it, but it was dismissed because Bryant had 20 rushes. Having those two only get 15 touches, and RRM had zero is a problem. I am not sure what TE's game plan was, but that is not sustainable.

14. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

We had 45 carries (20 for Bryant) and 38 passing attempts. I was surprised to see we threw it 38 times considering how bad KB was throwing overall, but it was a balanced attack that trended a bit toward the run.

15. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

16. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Are we truly reading on these runs? There were a couple reads that KB kept when he should have gave and one where he should've kept but he gave.

17. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/state-now/article182999076.html

I love a good conspiracy.

▪ Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?

▪ Was the moon landing real?

▪ Does Clemson get “all the calls” because the ACC needs a team in the College Football Playoff?

I can’t speak to the first two but there are some financial circumstances to the last one that many college football fans don’t quite understand.

The cut for the “Power 5” conference teams is not contingent on participation. The ACC will get about $57 million from the CFP this year if it has a team selected for the four-team playoff or not. So will the Big 12, the Big Ten, the Pac-12 and the SEC.

That’s how the contract works. How else do you think ESPN was able to get five conferences to agree to a system where at least one is guaranteed to be left out of the playoff every year?

The ACC and the other Power 5 conferences do get an additional $6 million for each team in the four-team playoff and $4 million for each team in a “New Year’s 6” bowl game (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton, Peach).

Since the ACC has a guaranteed spot in the Orange Bowl, we’re talking about an additional $6 million here. That sounds like a lot, to you or me, but it’s really not in modern college sports (Yay, amateurism!)

Under the old system (good riddance, Bowl Championship Series), the major bowls paid out more money (in the $24 million ballpark) and a conference only got a bigger cut when one of their teams was in a BCS game.

This was referenced incorrectly too many times on Twitter on Saturday during Clemson’s 38-31 win over N.C. State not to address it.

Could you argue Clemson, a name-brand program, would have better traction with the playoff committee than another ACC team? Sure, but I have a strict policy of debunking only one conspiracy theory per column.

18. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

Some of KB's best throws have been while scrambling to the right.

19. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

Mad over calling an illegal shift? An illegal shift. We're not talking some obscure rule that no one has heard about. We're not talking about the refs calling a guy out of bounds when he wasn't out of bounds. We're talking about an illegal fucking shift? Even if that wasn't called, illegal formation should've been called.

I feel like Allen Iverson reading this garbage.

20. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

Taylor Gray, 26, doesn't think that the last penalty should've been called because it killed their momentum and also thinks that "Dorian" has done a good job in Raleigh.

And now I'll stop before I pull off the TBA quad-post.

21. MauldinT

MauldinT
    Expand Collapse
    The pride of Simpsonville

NCSU tears on Larry's article

#1071 MauldinT, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  22. CUvinny

CUvinny
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

NCST fans are correct, CFB should adopt CFL rules

In this case forward motion allowed before the snap and of course all the crazy kicking rules

Phillipdn, Pawpride and TheWampa like this.
  23. DV81

DV81
    Expand Collapse

Can someone c&p Larry's article "Cry Me A River"?

24. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

Dave Doeren can be forgiven for experiencing an inordinate amount of frustration last night.

Doeren wants Clemson investigated | The survivalists | Clemson's formula for success | More from Raleigh

This is his fifth season at N.C. State, a year when everything seemed to be coming together for the Wolfpack to push through the years-long Atlantic Division stranglehold employed by Clemson and Florida State.

[​IMG]
    In five years N.C. State head coach Dave Doeren is now just 13-24 against ACC opponents, 2-11 against ranked teams.
    AP

Article Continues Below
    The Seminoles obliged by imploding after Deondre Francois' season-ending injury suffered in the first game. The Pack knocked off FSU in Tallahassee and then beat Louisville in Raleigh on a Thursday night.

And now a Clemson team, still loaded but quite young, was coming to Carter-Finley to face a skilled, veteran crew that pushed the Tigers to the edge a year ago at Death Valley.

This was probably going to be a war, the type of game that is decided by a few plays here and there and how players on both sides respond to bad situations.

Little did we know that the aforementioned framing of the game would extend beyond the game, right into the post-game press conferences when Doeren lost his mind.

There is a way to address concerns on fairness -- even concerns that involve something as innocuous as a laptop being used on the sidelines by a team's social-media crew.

N.C. State's head computer geek, er, coach could have -- should have -- first taken it up privately with Dabo Swinney or someone else at Clemson before launching into a bizarre conspiracy theory when the cameras were rolling.

If all coaches spewed all that they were thinking immediately after a game, it'd sure be plenty entertaining. But most coaches at this level are smart enough, and think big-picture enough, that they use some restraint publicly even when they might say something different privately.

Swinney was nice about the laptop thing when he was asked about Doeren's comments. He laughed at the notion that his team was using a computer to gain some sort of advantage, and then he left it at that.

Here's probably what Swinney wanted to say but didn't: "Doeren, what a buffoon."

So after three hours and 41 minutes of football revealed the difference between a team that knows how to close the deal and one that doesn't, the post-game media settings further magnified the contrast in culture between these two programs.

If Clemson does the expected and beats Florida State to seal its third straight Atlantic Division title, what happened Saturday night in Raleigh is going to haunt Doeren and Wolfpack fans for a long time.

Well, that's the fans that actually care enough to show up early for one of the biggest games you'll ever see in that stadium. The parking lots within the closest proximity to Carter-Finley were ghost towns 2 hours before kickoff. The home fans were late-arriving to their seats as well, and though they packed it and created a loud and boisterous atmosphere they left in droves at halftime and were startlingly slow to return in the third quarter with their team trying to pull away.

Truly bizarre.

Not to make too much a deal of fans who are a bit too casual to make the case that they're truly into big-time football. Because that's not nearly as bad as some of their nastier elements pelting referees with debris as they exited the field.

If Doeren really wanted to make a statement after the game, maybe he should've apologized for the embarrassing behavior of his fans.

But then again, it's hard to act like you've been there before when you've never been there before.

Swinney got some flak from fans when he walked into Syracuse's locker room and offered sincere congratulations to the Orange for their conquest. As if such a gesture -- one that, by the way, Bear Bryant was known to offer on the rare occasions his Alabama teams were upended -- meant that Swinney wasn't devastated enough with the shocking defeat.

Swinney could've pinned that loss on his injured quarterback, or on his yip-infected kicker, or seven straight weeks of football that left his defense mentally and physically spent against a speedball offense, or on a questionable call here or there.

Instead he said his team just got its tail kicked against a team that was better that day. Period.

At the risk of exaggerating based on the most recent result, it sort of felt like two programs going in opposite directions as Clemson's fleet of buses pulled out of Carter-Finley on Saturday night.

Doeren's program had been building for this year, and for this moment. Now he has three losses (not to mention an 0-5 record against Swinney), will likely watch Clemson win the division again, and has to deal with massive attrition at the conclusion of this season.

The Tigers, meanwhile, are 8-1 and barreling right back to the College Football Playoff in a year when it was totally reasonable to think they'd take a dip and temporarily fall short of that rare air.

Even when they're down and almost out -- last night, this season, past seasons -- they just keep coming and keep winning.

Meanwhile, the coach on the other end keeps crying.

What Doeren really needs to investigate is how a championship football program conducts itself.

He might learn something.

25. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

He throws extremely well on the run. Has all year.

26. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

TRAPP!!!!!!!

27. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

It's a

28. DV81

DV81
    Expand Collapse

Lmao that article was great. What's even better is the NCST reaction to it.

29. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

If he would’ve done anything in his opportunity over the weekend the downy smug over it would’ve been off the charts.

30. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Threw the final block to get RRMIII in the end zone but no one is throwing him a party.

He’ll get other chances at DB in his career and I hope he makes the most of them. I know you do too.

rdoanecu likes this.
  31. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I do. Just saying, if the JD Davis leading the team in tackles downy smug was any indication, that's exactly what would've happened.

I want all of the players to do well. I didn't think about saying anything when Trapp was burned for the TD.

Adam likes this.
  32. NST

NST
    Expand Collapse

Large numbers of NC State fans would almost rather lose and make up conspiracy theories about why than win.

Doeren gets that and that's why he had the postgame presser he did. Turns him from coach who can't win the big game to "one of us". Would only work in a few fanbases

clemsonvianj, chewie09 and Clemson327 like this.
  33. Keywan1474

Keywan1474
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Sorry, but the guy trapp blocked wasn't gonna keep mccloud from the end zone.

mooser3586 likes this.
  34. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

This board follows Godwin's Law, except instead of Hitler, every game thread will eventually debate the Dabo offers.

35. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)