@ NC State: 3:30 ABC

Discussion in 'DVU' started by brobson, Oct 29, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 78 users.
  1. OxfordTiger

OxfordTiger
    Expand Collapse

Those fans are funny. They were loudly booing some obvious calls against the pack. In some ways, they're like everyone in that they remember the ones that went against them, but forget the calls they got. But they take it to the next level in the treatment of refs and a coach who is a complete loser.

I'm guessing they lose at least one, probably two games, this season.

2. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I used to think that, then I became an adult. Top 3 cheese now.

3. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Pawl:

I’m not buying that Clemson’s defensive line played poorly or particularly that the defensive backfield was suddenly depleted. Mark Fields didn’t play against Georgia Tech or Boston College, and Marcus Edmond has been out forever. Yes, Fields is their best press man coverage guy. But one person shouldn’t break their depth. Ryan Carter played superbly.

No, the Wolfpack matched up well with Clemson. Its offensive tenets aren’t much different than what former coordinator Matt Canada employed so effectively with Pittsburgh last year. You can’t sack Ryan Finley because the quarterback gets rid of the ball before you can get there, thus negating the Tigers’ foundational weapon. Then they get your defense flowing one way and take advantage of aggression with misdirection.

N.C. State gets you playing on your heels, and that’s not the way a Brent Venables defense is programmed to operate.

4. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

We were up by double digits late in the 4th Q. Had KB hit one of the ten 20+ yarders he missed, it would’ve been an even more convincing win. He’s certainly not a pocket passer, but he’s better than what he was yesterday.

5. the great pumpkin

the great pumpkin
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Man, I remember the days of losing to the elite/very good programs and blaming the officials.

It’s soooo much better to be on the other side.

6. Phillipdn

Phillipdn
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

My favorite is watching them complain about the illegal shift penalty being called and taking away a TD for State because "it didn't affect the play."

7. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

You're dead to me.

8. deutztiger

deutztiger
    Expand Collapse

Or it being ticky tack, cause it happens all the time..the guy literally had a running start

9. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

10. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

They get to play at BC next

HotButteredGrits likes this.
  11. Al Bundy

Al Bundy
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Kelly battled his ass off. A few of the deep balls he had bad luck. The one to Thompson slipped out his hand. He would've hit 2 that were pass interference. Cain dropped one and didn't go get the one across the middle.

12. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

They get basically every call and hardly get called for blatant penalties, yet they're the ones crying like bitches. Yep, makes perfect sense. Hope their trash program enjoys their trash bowl game

13. 4forheisman

4forheisman
    Expand Collapse

This is how I wish our fans would treat opposing fans. We have way too many pussys in sweater vests in our crowd. But I guess as long as they are alive our facilities will continue to be top notch.

14. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

No thanks

ironlung, Squints, gvtiger07 and 38 others like this.
  15. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Honest question...are you 12?

16. DV81

DV81
    Expand Collapse

I actually had NCST fans apologizing to me for some of their friend's behavior. I'm not gonna lie, I may have chuckled out loud a bit.

17. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Wow. That place is an embarrassing cesspool. No way I want my alma mater adopting that crap.

18. Phillipdn

Phillipdn
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Canadians do it all the time. I don't see the big deal.

19. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

15 hours ago

DDDNCSU8 said... (original post)

The game was lost when our coaches couldn't have the balls to do what Dabo did

Cheat and pay his players .

20. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

That fanbase is such trash.

DMX, RIP Tiger Tails and Magic Man like this.
  21. ACCfootprint

ACCfootprint
    Expand Collapse
    Still rocks "Dabo 2008" bumper sticker

The last few pages of this thread, wow.

I’ve never seen such a sorry bunch of losers as everyone associated with NC State’s football program.

22. Krombopulus Michael

Krombopulus Michael
    Expand Collapse
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
    RCUSA Original

KB was 0/10 on throws more than 15 yards.

#1037 Krombopulus Michael, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  23. MauldinT

MauldinT
    Expand Collapse
    The pride of Simpsonville

After reading that article, I got pissed again. Gave Clemson zero credit coming in and playing well. It was all "we, we, us, we, us, refs, refs."

And why TF is no one talking about Chubb's bitch moves ? Fellas, this is what happens when you are the champs and everyone wants to line up for their turn

24. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

No. 4 Clemson rallied the troops in the second half and won 38-31 against a fired up No. 20 North Carolina State squad at Carter-Finley Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

However, much of the exciting and competitive game was overshadowed by head coach Dave Doeren's postgame comments complaining about the officials' calls and actually wanting an investigation towards Clemson for using a laptop on the sidelines during the contest.

"I’d like to know why there was a laptop on Clemson’s sideline that people were looking at, too," Doeren complained. "I’d like that to be investigated. "Maybe they weren’t doing anything, but I was told it’s illegal to have technology on the sideline. So I’d like to know that as well. No idea [who it was], I just saw a picture of it walking up here."

The News & Observer reached out to Joe Galbraith, Clemson's associate athletic director for communications after the game to shed some light on the laptop issue.

"That individual (student videographer) has no contact with coaches or student-athletes during the game," Galbraith said to the website.

"We’ve had a laptop on the sidelines for every road game for the last two and a half years,” Galbraith said. “We were contacted by the ACC in the third quarter and he moved back to the team tunnel. It’s back there for us to have someone near the bench to facilitate quick photography as well as for them to gather highlights to upload back to Clemson for when we put together highlight packages for postgame.

"We figure we’ll discuss with the conference office on Monday and move forward and find a solution for what we are trying to do on social media and something that doesn’t interfere with the game," Galbraith said.

25. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Belk Bowl and Chubb gets nothing but towels in his swag bag.

TheTigerMan likes this.
  26. MauldinT

MauldinT
    Expand Collapse
    The pride of Simpsonville

http://www.greensboro.com/townnews/...cle_c84ddec8-c1c4-11e7-8bc6-d3c348548bb3.html

Ed Hardin: N.C. State goes down kicking, screaming and accusing
    RALEIGH — Furious at the officials and suggesting Clemson had some help on its sideline, Dave Doeren did not go quietly into a bad night Saturday.

N.C. State fell 38-31 to sixth-ranked Clemson in a wild ACC game that might’ve saved the league’s playoff hopes while ripping control of State’s destiny from its shaking hands. Now 6-3 (4-1, ACC), the Pack and its bewildered fans were furious.

And their coach, who didn’t help matters, went full-on conspiracy theory.

To his credit, he blamed himself in part for the loss while taking direct aim at the officials and a murky piece of evidence spotted near the Clemson bench.

“I’d like to know why there was a laptop on the Clemson sideline,” Doeren said. “I’d like that to be investigated. Maybe they weren’t doing anything, but I was told it was illegal to have technology on the sidelines.”

A school spokesman said a call had been made to the league office minutes after the game ended.

So while State lost a second straight game, lost control of the Atlantic Division and probably lost hopes for a fun bowl game at a cool location, Doeren gave the fans the next best thing.

An excuse. A cause. A claim of a plot to take down the Wolfpack through shady dealings between Clemson, the officials and the league.

State has four games to play, and one of them is against North Carolina. That’s enough to keep the fanbase energized even though this was in fact a brutal blow to the season everyone here has been waiting for for a generation.

Throw in an allusion to collusion and strike up the band.

The game ended with fans howling at the officials, just as Doeren had done throughout the game. And there was plenty to howl about. But as the officials ran for cover, fans gathered at the field exit and threw things, some of them leaning over the concrete wall and takin dead aim at the officials, debris bouncing off their heads and the security surrounding the officials.

It was like something out of Reynolds Coliseum in the ‘70s.

The atmosphere throughout the game was incredible. The noise was deafening. The laptop was silent.

Dabo Swinney told Clemson writers that he had no idea what Doeren was talking about. He said the suspicious laptop belonged to a student in the school’s social media department.

This game wasn’t decided by the officials or skullduggery. It was decided by Clemson being seven points better than State. And probably two punts, one of which Doeren wishes he could have back.

N.C. State had controlled the game in the first half, and had in fact outgained Clemson and dominated in first downs, passing yardage, total yardage and time of possession. But on the Tigers’ first series of the third quarter, Swinney called for a quick kick that pinned State inside its own 1-yard line. The field flip changed the game. State started three straight drives deep in its own territory and then faced with a key fourth down near midfield, in a game that required aggressive play-calling and complete offensive attack mode, Doeren punted.

Clemson running back Tavien Feaster ran 89 yards through the middle of State’s defense for a touchdown on the very next play. In three and a half minutes, Clemson scored two touchdowns to go from trailing the entire game to leading 31-21.

A lot would happen before the end, but State never led again.

On a night when quarterback Ryan Finley completed 14 straight passes to open the game, finishing with 338 yards passing and three touchdowns, State somehow lost.

“I don’t think I played well enough for us to win,” he said.

Actually, he did. And so did most everyone else for State. This was one that got away over the course of a few minutes. And like so many promising N.C. State seasons in years past, this loss will stick with the Pack. And so will this season.

Doeren probably should’ve kept the laptop stuff to himself, reported it to the league and let the ACC figure out how it ended up on the Clemson sideline. He probably should’ve brushed off questions about officiating, credited the Tigers and moved on.

But that’s not his style. And that’s not N.C. State’s style.

Instead, he did talk about the officiating. And he did talk about the laptop.

And he gave State fans something to be mad about.

That’s not how this season was supposed to go. But that’s how so many N.C. State seasons have gone through the years.

This was a tough loss against the backdrop of some questionable calls and a conspiracy theory.

This was so N.C. State.

27. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

28. Aitch

Aitch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

There is no happiness without blue cheese.

29. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

We should have tagged their football Twitter in that. Fuck NCSU. We better skullfuck them at home next year

budkilmer likes this.
  30. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

Chubb is a tool. Bitch moves from a bitch player. It was funny the first time. After that, grow up. He should've been flagged for it. I'm sure he's super sorry just like in Tallahassee though.

31. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Never cared to look before, but just went to Doeren's wiki page...

Screenshot_20171105-130409.jpg

32. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

State came out wanting to be the bully and left like a crying child.

Bad looks all around by them. You can see why it isn't possible for them to have nice things.

33. OxfordTiger

OxfordTiger
    Expand Collapse

I'm impressed Doeren has gotten this far. He has a strong team this season and obviously deserves some credit. But he comes off like that angry kid in high school that is pissed at the kids making the team/getting the girl/getting into a good college and decides it's because the world is unfair instead of figuring out what he's doing wrong.

Quite different than Swinney. While Dabo will never publically admit he's wrong, you see the changes/adjustments he's made that suggest he's pretty accurate in his self-assessment.

Tiger Roll and Clemson327 like this.
  34. FlyingTiger11

FlyingTiger11
    Expand Collapse

#1049 FlyingTiger11, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Squints, a congressman, AC- and 7 others like this.
  35. Phillipdn

Phillipdn
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Squints, a congressman, AC- and 14 others like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. FlyingTiger11