Medical Thread: Ask a DVU Doctor

Discussion in 'DVU' started by tboon6317, Jul 14, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 14 users.
  1. MedicalTiger

MedicalTiger
    Expand Collapse
    Pessimist, MD
    RCUSA Original

2. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Blister popped after a few days. Wife is a nurse manager for a pediatric doc locally. He said don't undress a blister but once it pops then do it. I kept silvadean on it until it popped. I've been keeping antibiotic med on it and wrapped probably 2/3 of the day. The worst of the two spots was quite the crater. Still has a nice dip to it but it's healing well I think. I had a few other spots on my arm but they weren't near as bad and almost healed.

Burning plastic sucks. It just stuck to my hand. You couldn't knock it off. Had to peel it off.

MedicalTiger likes this.
  3. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Got food poisoning for the first time in my life last night. Honest to God would not wish that on my worst enemy-- just fucking shoot me next time. Still haven't been to sleep and slowly trying to rehydrate because every muscle hurts.

Anyway, my question is this: can it lay dormant in you for a couple of days? My sister got it Sunday night after we both ate at the same place for lunch and dinner (one of those meals being catered). Is this just an insane coincidence or we likely got it at the same place?

4. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Could just be a norovirus and not food poisoning.

5. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Can that be in you for 2 days before symptoms show up? I'm just trying to nail down where I got it from

6. J_E

J_E
    Expand Collapse
    God Bless Dabo

Yeah, food poisoning is probably the worst thing in the world. I had it in high school and spent three days in the hospital. They pumped me so full of fluids those days. I was like a freaking geyser, it was coming out both ends, some times simultaneously, non-stop. From the time I went to the hospital until I was released I lost 17 pounds. It was ridiculous.

7. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Yes. It's just like any other virus and highly contagious. Usually it's a 24 hour bug.

8. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Oh I see what you're saying, that I caught it from her and not food. I'm retarded

9. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Food poisoning usually strikes within less than 12 hours. I'm guessing you picked up a virus.

Dirty Ears Bill likes this.
  10. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It very well could have been what I ate last night too, just thought it was a hell of a coincidence.

11. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Granted, I'm no expert, but this sounds a lot like AIDS. My condolences.

Doc Louis, TCJ, Styx and 8 others like this.
  12. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I'm currently peeing jet black liquid out of my ass. Is that bad? It seems bad

TheTigerMan likes this.
  13. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Definitely AIDS. In other news, that just happened to me after lunch at Tiki Taco, a sketch little joint down the road. Delicious tacos, but from my sample size of one visit, they cause explosive diarrhea. Will attempt again to confirm.

14. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Have you taken pepto bismol? If you haven't then dark black stools could be a GI bleed and you might should see an actual doctor. Pepto bismol and iron pills can also make your poop black.

15. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I took Immodium, does that qualify? I feel pretty fine now outside of the shits, not throwing up anymore so am able to get hydrated.

16. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

@MedicalTiger might have some other thoughts but I don't think immodium makes your stool black.

17. clemsonvianj

clemsonvianj
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

it doesn't.

18. TigerM.D.

TigerM.D.
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

2 people in the same family getting a GI bug 2 days apart is most likely viral. Maybe norovirus, I think incubation period is around 1-2 days.
    Immmodium doesn't turn your stool black. Pepto does though.

Dirty Ears Bill and TheTigerMan like this.
  19. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I have been getting hives only on my back when getting hot and working outside without a shirt on. It's happened a few times over the past month. Any idea why?

20. TCJ

TCJ
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Low T

Styx, J_E and u jelly like this.
  21. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

GobbledyGoo likes this.
  22. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Paresthesia... Anyone know much? They drew blood and said everything was good with that so I've been referred to a neurologist. Right hand makes it impossible to sleep. Wish the doc would have given me something to sleep

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)