GT Thread: It's game week and we don't have one?

Discussion in 'DVU' started by 19B, Oct 23, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 60 users.
  1. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

I don't understand. I like Kendall Joseph. I have never said anything bad about him that I can recall. Not during his recruitment. Not during his playing time. He's a good player.

2. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I was fucking around but some reason at the time I thought he was one of the guys you were hating on before. Honestly the booze probably had me confusing him for one of the Davis twins lol.

Styx likes this.
  3. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

rewatching game, 80 had a lot of really good blocks

hopefully he's turned a corner w/ his blocking

clemsonvianj likes this.
  4. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Kendall Joseph and Ryan Carter have suddenly been lumped in with the coaches sons/legacy offers for some reason now.

Styx likes this.
  5. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

The point was made that Carter and Joseph are a similar caliber recruit to Spector.

6. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Oh ok. Makes sense except nobody has ever questioned the reasoning behind those offers.

Styx likes this.
  7. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

8. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I guess our memories are different. Carter moreso than Joseph, although some people were calling Joseph a bust two years ago.

Pawpride and clemsontyger04 like this.
  9. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Nobody was questioning them from a nepotism standpoint?

I was wrong speaking for everyone on message boards at that time.

Lol, like clockwork clemsontyger04 is there to throw a like on it.

10. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I seem to remember some people claiming that Carter was a take as a favor to Conn (as was Schuessler getting 2nd team reps). Maybe I'm wrong.

You are taking this all way too seriously. Don't let it put a dark cloud on the season.

11. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

I remember the same about Carter. People weren’t excited about keeping him iirc

12. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It’s ok to have an opinion that doesn’t match being a mouthpiece for the program. It’s a discussion. It doesn’t mean I’m miserable that we’re winning and I hate Dabo.

13. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

So we are all just towing the company line because we agree with the methods of our coach that has led us to two consecutive national championships? I used to be pretty adamantly on the anti-Dabo train of thought but you can't argue with the results on the field. And certainly would rather be in our position now than some of our peers. I mean look at what happened at UF when you go after players soley based on the talent on the football field. They've had what, 12 guys suspended this year? One of the guys we gave a hard pass on, James Robinson. He didn't even make it through fall camp before he was hit with a suspension. Is that the type of program you want or can be proud of?

clemsontyger04 and Cutig like this.
  14. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Cool. Because it would really suck to look back in 10 years and realize that you didn’t appreciate this run when it was happening.

Pawpride and Cutig like this.
  15. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Oh boy... see what this turns in to?

Since I see these offers as nothing more than Dabo taking liberties he's earned and offering friends of his sons scholarships I hate the way we're winning and I'm miserable.

Maybe there is just a gray area there where I think we would've still won the national championship without any of these guys. Maybe there is still a place for them on the team as walk ons. Maybe Dabo's friends don't have exclusive rights to football players with high character that work hard.

When people say things like we're going to turn in to Florida if we don't offer these guys scholarships or we HAD to offer them bc they would've gone elsewhere and they get mad at a different opinion on this it kind of does scream blind sunshine pumping homer.

#400 DMX, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Styx likes this.
  16. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I do. Confirmed.

You can stop jumping to that ridiculous conclusion now.

17. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

[​IMG]

tboon6317 likes this.
  18. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

K?

19. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

Jesus Christ you have a problem. When Boggs was starting for App State and Joseph was struggling to get on the field there were people bitching we took the wrong linebacker from BHP. To take it a step further people were upset we weren't taking Boggs because he had a better senior year, which was because teams were running away from Joseph right into Boggs.

That is why he got a like

#404 clemsontyger04, Oct 31, 2017
  20. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

Come to find out Robinson is now redshirting because he has a heart condition now.

Also, culture in general is a big deal for this program and it's success. Ask FSU how they are handling all those blue chip guys who are more focused on the NFL than playing for the program they were recruited for.

From the superstar to the grunt, everyone has a role and purpose. Also think it's the main reason why the wr room hasn't been a total mess with the numbers not being there this year.

#405 clemsontyger04, Oct 31, 2017
  21. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I believe it’s been mentioned by LW was going on about this on Twitter. After watching the clips he posted Clemson should submit them somewhere because it’s clear as day Ga tech is going for the injury numerous times. Such fucking bullshit. I hope that team rots in hell.

22. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

To reiterate, we won the championship with those guys. Do you wish we would've won the championship in a different way then? Because I'm ultimately not seeing the issue if we're still seeing the results on the field. And currently we're 7-1 and #4 in the poll.

TheTigerMan and hawk217 like this.
  23. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Grasping at more straws.

I'm talking about the offers Dabo makes to sons of his friends that have no other power 5 offers and wouldn't be on the team otherwise that people act as if they have some sort of magical effect on the team. Just say they're on the team because Dabo said so and leave it there.

I'm not here to defend anybody that's ever questioned a Dabo offer on the internet. Joseph is not one of those guys and he did have power 5 offers the spring of his junior year. I know he was strongly considering Duke before he committed to us.

Did I say I wanted to see us win a different way? No. I said we would've won it without them. Aside from a Davis playing special teams Deshaun and company won the national championship on the field.

It's a discussion about one thing. I'm not trying to tear the program apart and rebuild it. No need to be so dramatic and create arguments that aren't there.

24. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

It's not drama. If the results on the field are what we want, then I don't see why it's a problem, and the results to this point continue to be what we want. It's not the way I'd have envisioned or preferred it, but Clemson also isn't like an Alabama or a Georgia in terms of inherent recruiting advantages.

25. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

So what you are saying is that we should always take the higher ranked prospect regardless of fit, character, coachability, or leadership abilities?

26. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Is also saying that he is against offering Nolan Turner a scholarship.

27. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

No. That isn’t what I said in any way.

28. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Nolan Turner is one of the better guys. He actually had the option to play at UAB.

Would he have been offered if Dabo wasn’t very good friends with his dad? No.

29. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

By your definition he should not have been offered. And wow, really? UAB? I feel like you are trolling here.

30. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

31. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

32. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I’m not backtracking at all. He wouldn’t be offered a scholarship on his talent as a player alone if his did didn’t have a close relationship with Dabo. That is a fact. He didn’t have any power 5 offers. That doesn’t mean he couldn’t make a contribution to the team in some way or Dabo had no right to do it.

Sorry if this upsets you.

33. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Why would I be upset? Dabo has created a culture that has put Clemson in the national championship two years in a row. I have no problem with how he has put together his roster. You are the one who has issue with that.

clemsontyger04 and Cutig like this.
  34. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Ok. That’s fine.

35. MauldinT

MauldinT
    Expand Collapse
    The pride of Simpsonville

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)