General College Football Thread

Discussion in 'DVU' started by White Tajh Boyd, Jul 17, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 117 users.
  1. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

After losing 4 games.

2. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about a choke slam. He got his arm across Hardman's chest. Even if a little high, it looked legit to me.

3. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

My post was meant to be lighthearted. But he did grab a dust full of jersey right at the neck.

Dabo's Dance Coach likes this.
  4. NST

NST
    Expand Collapse

They called the penalty on the Bama special teamer. That was the main benefit to UGA. Probably should have tossed him but it didnt change the game.

Missing a hold or a facemask or a PI is a pretty normal part of football officiating. Clenson got away with lots of holding and PI penalties this year, no one except Dave Doerren seemed to care though.

Both teams just play through.

Egregious would be really bizarre stuff or calling really ticky tack stuff in big moments.

J-Roc and DMX like this.
  5. ACCfootprint

ACCfootprint
    Expand Collapse
    Still rocks "Dabo 2008" bumper sticker

Bama does something at least mildly dirty on a significant portion of defensive plays. The one that jumped out the most to me was a failed screen pass to Georgia’s fullback and the Bama defender pops him after the ball has been on the ground for some time. The play was clearly the over and the guy just saw that he had a freebie. And just like last year, there were multiple helmet to helmet shots that could have been targeting. Refs probably think they’re doing the right thing to not affect the outcome of the game, but over the course of four quarters, that stuff has to add up.

Doc Louis likes this.
  6. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Bama doesn't usually get preferential treatment from officials, in fact statistics say quite the opposite. The problem is that they're so good it's infuriating when they do get the benefit of the doubt, so it sticks out more. They're half an NFL team, they don't need any help.

DMX, TheTigerMan and RIP Tiger Tails like this.
  7. Phil Miller

Phil Miller
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

That missed face mask was a huge break for Bama. Big turning point.

Of course it wasn't missed intentionally. It happens but it could've changed the game.

8. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

More like a flying lariat fwiw.

9. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

10. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

11. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

who dis

12. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

BC's backup running back that got beaten out by freshman sensation AJ Dillon.

13. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

14. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

No relation to other Dillonses Corey or James J.

Styx likes this.
  15. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

Not that I am aware. And if you don't get a bunch of likes for the reference to James J. Dillon I don't know these people on this board anymore!

16. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

17. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

FAYETTEVILLE - New Arkansas coach Chad Morris hired coordinators spanning generations.

John Chavis, 61, and a defensive coaching icon who has coordinated SEC defenses at Tennessee, LSU, Texas A&M and now Arkansas, began his coaching career at Alabama A&M in 1980, five years before 31-year-old offensive coordinator Joe Craddock was born.

When Chavis began coordinating Tennessee’s defense in 1995, Craddock was 10 years old.

As a graduate assistant at Clemson, Craddock so impressed Morris, Clemson's offensive coordinator at the time, that when Morris departed Clemson to become SMU's head coach, he took Craddock with him as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach.

Morris then made Craddock the play-calling offensive coordinator in 2016 and 2017.

What’s it going to be like calling the Arkansas offensive side of the ball when the coordinator on the defensive side of the ball was coaching collegians before you were born?

“It’s going to be awesome,” Craddock replied.

“His knowledge of the game and of this league, I'm going to rely heavily upon to lean on coach Chavis.”

Regarding working for Morris, Craddock actually could teach Chavis.

As a 16-year high school coach in Texas before entering the collegiate ranks coordinating the University of Tulsa’s offense in 2010 then coordinating Dabo Swinney’s Clemson offenses from 2011 to 2014, Morris, first because of Craddock’s background, appreciated Craddock’s 2012 Clemson administrative arrival in player development.

An Alabama native and former Middle Tennessee quarterback, Craddock had been a high school offensive coordinator in Birmingham at Briarwood Christian.

By 2013, Swinney and Morris promoted Craddock to an on-the-field graduate assistant coaching the scout team along with graduate assistant Dustin Fry, Morris’ offensive line coach at SMU and now Arkansas’ offensive line coach.

“Coach Morris saw something in me and coach Fry,” Craddock said. “He said, 'I want to make you my offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach,’ and I was, 'Like, wow, coach!’ So I guess coach believed in me and I'm forever grateful for that.”

Upon officially naming Craddock to the Razorbacks staff last week, though Craddock actually has been recruiting for Arkansas since Morris’ December arrival, Morris said, "Joe is one of the bright, young minds in all of college football,” and was “very instrumental in our (Clemson) success.

“I took him with me to SMU and I saw him grow both as a person and as a coordinator.”

At the Jan. 10 press conference, Morris, calling the offensive plays his first year at SMU and at Tulsa and Clemson, explained assigning Craddock to call plays.

"While I am a offensive coordinator by heart and by trait, I am the head football coach,” Morris said. “I just felt like that I couldn’t be quite the head coach that I needed to be still being the 100 percent play caller like I was at SMU our first year.

"I felt like there were some areas, especially on the defensive side of the ball, that we were being deficient because my attention wasn’t on that side of the ball.”

Being named the play-caller must have gratified Craddock almost as much as vaulting from Clemson grad assistant to SMU offensive coordinator.

“It meant a whole lot, that he trusted me enough to get that done,” Craddock said.

“I know that was very, very tough for him to do, because he's an offensive-minded coach by trade, but he's got a lot of things on his plate and for me to be able to pick up that slack is very important to me.”

Of course, Morris still has a final play-calling say when compelled to say it.

“He is calling the plays,” Morris said. “But if I say, ‘Hey, Joe, let’s take a shot right here’ or ‘I want to run the football right here’ or ‘I want split flow zone’ or 'run the power right here’ or ‘let’s get in 12 personnel,’ that is how this whole thing works.”

Game prep is an entire offensive staff effort, Morris and Craddock said.

At SMU and now at Arkansas, Fry was and is the run-game coordinator while receivers coach Justin Stepp, who accompanied Morris from SMU to Arkansas, is involved on the perimeter.

“Justin Stepp will focus on the shots and formations, and Dustin Fry will focus on run game and short yardage,” Morris said of game weeks, also noting tight ends coach Barry Lunney’s involvement. “We all come back in together on a Sunday night and start tying it all together. At the end of the day, the guy that is held accountable is our offensive coordinator and it falls on to the head coach.”

fishking likes this.
  18. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

19. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

20. clemsonvianj

clemsonvianj
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Alabama OC just got hired by the Buffalo Bills. crazy how they go through coordinators.

21. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

They keep getting shitty OCs taken away from them. Sark and Daboll both sucked.

22. Papa

Papa
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Mekhi Brown (the guy that should have been ejected from the National Championship game and went off on coaches on the sideline) announced he's transferring to Tennessee State.

Pawpride likes this.
  23. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Was apparently in the works before the game was played. He was processed.

Papa likes this.
  24. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

This. Not before making another special teams tackle though.

Overlord Saban, ruler of every breath taken in that program, didn't know about it though.

Dirty Ears Bill, Phillipdn and 19B like this.
  25. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

How dare you ask him about this. Hasn't he earned the right to not be questioned about personnel decisions? Doesn't a lot of championships provide you that privilege? His punishment is being handled internally, and that's all you need to know.

Clemson327 and TheTigerMan like this.
  26. HBG

HBG
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

$tanford paying players!!!!!!!

27. TigerTalk

TigerTalk
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

https://vivechurch.org/

Dabo hooking his friend David Shaw up with the blueprint!

28. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

He's a typical Stanford retard.

29. gvtiger07

gvtiger07
    Expand Collapse

Damn.

Washington State University quarterback Tyler Hilinski died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said on Tuesday.

Hilinski, 21, was discovered in his apartment next to a rifle and a suicide note, Pullman police said. Authorities said they conducted a welfare check on Hilinski after he failed to show up for practice earlier in the day.

Hilinski, a redshirt sophomore, was set to take over the starting quarterback job next season for the departing Luke Falk. Hilinski started the team’s Holiday Bowl loss to Michigan State because Falk was unable to play due to a wrist injury.

30. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

31. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

32. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Good.

33. NST

NST
    Expand Collapse

Bad for the college game. AAUification

34. u jelly

u jelly
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Maybe. The school will still have to approve the release, though, right?

35. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

If teams are going to process players out that don’t end up as good as expected, those players shouldn’t have to sit out a year to play football elsewhere.

CoastalOrange and CUvinny like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)