General College Football Thread

Discussion in 'DVU' started by White Tajh Boyd, Jul 17, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 117 users.
  1. Jake Scott

Jake Scott
    Expand Collapse
    DVU Southeastern Recruiting Analyst

I wish I had her connect

2. Jake Scott

Jake Scott
    Expand Collapse

We’ll be back.

3. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

Not like UGA will be lacking the talent.

4. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Clemson making people think this is easy.

5. Jake Scott

Jake Scott
    Expand Collapse

:drake:

6. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Georgia didn't just lose they choked like hell. Horrible coaching job

7. The Guglia

The Guglia
    Expand Collapse
    I work in the City, and I work long hours.
    RCUSA Original

Congrats to UGA for almost winning

Lmbo

8. Otto

Otto
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Based on recent trends, Georgia will win next year's natty in a nail-biter over Bama with a late TD. Congrats, @Jake Scott

Clemson327, NST and Jake Scott like this.
  9. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Tough loss when you think about all of the good players that are leaving

10. HBG

HBG
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I'm a little surprised that Saban isn't catching a little heat for allowing Mekhi Brown to come back into the game after lunging at a staff member after punching a UGA player.

Edit: forgot to change font to [/sarcasm]

#4070 HBG, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  11. Animal Mother

Animal Mother
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

This is the least surprising thing from last night lol

12. GobbledyGoo

GobbledyGoo
    Expand Collapse

He handled it internally. Nothing more to see here.

13. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Right. Brown wasn't allowed to play at halftime. Oh wait.

14. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

15. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Typical Saban. Intimidates media when he doesn't want to answer a question about his bad seeds and questionable ethics.

16. Tony Elliott

Tony Elliott
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Him taking an NFL job would be great for college football imo

Adam and Krombopulus Michael like this.
  17. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Coping with this mindF*$#
    • hot
    • - Replies: 0
    • - Views: 1
    • - Started By: g_ice23
    • +1 from 1 users
    1. g_ice23 230 posts
      3 minutes ago

Everyone copes with a game like last night's in different ways and, for the most part, I feel like a lot of it is justifiable. Some of us are pissed and want to blame everyone, some are just sad and despondent, and others try to block out the experience and try and find some silver lining to help get you to August.

I'm not really sure where I stand on those, other than the fact that I keep telling myself I've got to find a way to see the forest through the trees. It sure as shit isn't easy.

couple thoughts:
      - The refs missed a lot. it was baaaaaad. It's really easy to say that their calls blew us the game and they probably did (the offsides on the blocked punt will go down as one of the worst ever). When you play a team like Bama, if you are any less than perfect, you have to have some luck with the refs. We didn't play perfect (in the second half) and we certainly didn't get any help. This was the one aspect of this game that was outside our control.

- Coaching: This is the coaching staff that got us there. I dont think that gets them a pass for questionable calls in the game, but I'll leave questioning them to those on this board who know a lot more about X's and O's than I do. The one thing I cannot get over is why we went away from Sony when Chubb just didn't have "it". He lost a lot of yards running backward. Also, I'm just going to assume that we had some grand plan for late in the game that we were trying to set up by throwing multiple screens to the FB. Those seemed like some questionable calls... not sure if they were check-downs or if they were what was called, but dont get them either way.

- Execution: Of the back-breaking plays in this game, one was the refs (the punt/offsides), one was an inability to bring down 13 on a huge third down scramble. Looked like Trent accidentally knocked D'Andre Walker off the tackle, otherwise he'd have brought him down. Malkolm Parrish got abused all game long. A bad PI, a bad late hit, and I didn't even have to go back and look at a puke-worthy replay to know it was he who got torched on the decisive play. awful stuff. Dude's been a damn good dawg and clearly has struggled this season, but man was Bama all over exposing him.

All in all, my senior year in Athens i started dating a psychology major and, by the time we ultimately got married, she had become a baller therapist. I was really glad when I got back home from MBS last night that she was still up and ready to use her skills. I'm going to need those for a few months.

We'll be back.... next year may be a challenge with the losses we're going to have on both sides of the ball, but players improve and we're bringing in a ton of talent. I wouldnt rule us out.

18. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Just a little roid rage. Nothing to see. He proceeded to choke slam someone when he got back in.

Adam likes this.
  19. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

it really did seem like the refs proper fucked UGA last night tho

i'd have been livid if it happened against us

20. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Trust the process.

21. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

That and the balloon knot for an anus uga's oc had after they scored to make it 20

22. Jake Scott

Jake Scott
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Love y’all

23. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I didn't really think they got screwed and I was rooting for Georgia. What was the big deal?

TCJ and NST like this.
  24. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Not ejecting the Bama player for throwing a punch, missed false start on the blocked punt (punt block still wouldn't have counted but it's 10 yards), and a bad PI call in the 3rd or 4th come to mind.

25. NST

NST
    Expand Collapse

In the scheme of missed calls those dont seem that egregious or game changing

TCJ, cuangler and Adam like this.
  26. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Punt offside call is a total non-starter for me. Same with the failure to eject who I think was a special teams guy. Those things aren't game changers.

NST likes this.
  27. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

The missed facemask call on buggs?

28. friedskillet

friedskillet
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

everything DEB said plus a lot of missed holds

4th down false start they missed

29. OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce

OpenMouthKissedaHorseOnce
    Expand Collapse

From AJC http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/w...bama-win-over-georgia/ZpqErf1E5xuuzoi49190II/
    There's a couple vids in there. The facemask should have been obvious to the ref standing there watching the play (see link for gif).

• Bulldogs are ahead 20-13 with 4 minutes in regulation. Alabama faces a fourth-and-4. Tua Tagovailoa hits Calvin Ridley in the back of the end zone to tie the game.

The no-flag play: Alabama wide receiver Najee Harris (bottom) jumps early.

• In the third quarter, Georgia appeared to block a punt. Georgia’s Tyler Simmons was called offside ... but was he?

The no-flag play: Two Alabama players actually moved before the snap.

• TV cameras caugh several missed facemask pulls.

The no-flag play: On a third down run in the third quarter, Georgia running back D’Andre Swift fell short of the marker after he was snagged down. A flag would’ve kep Georgia’s drive alive. The Tide went on to score its first points in the ensuing drive.

• Also in the third quarter, special teams player Mekhi Brown was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct after he struck Georgia’s Walter Grant following a kickoff return.

The no-flag play: Among the most agregious missed calls was when Alabama linebacker Mack Wilson shoved Jake Fromm’s head to the turf after a tackle.

30. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

There were also two missed facemasks, one after a big loss for UGA. Would have been auto first downs and kept the drive going.
    I don't know when you reach the threshhold of "game-changing" but a few of them were absolutely egregious. A bad PI call happens all the time, but missing things like false-starts and seeing a player blatantly punch a guy but not ejecting him is egregious. I'm not saying that special teams guy remaining in the game cost UGA the game, it's just another example that the refs sucked and certainly seemed to be giving Bama a lot of slack.

RIP Tiger Tails likes this.
  31. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

Glad the refs fucked em. Hope that stings bad. Fuck em.

mooser3586, chewie09 and Adam like this.
  32. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Yep. I don't think it was egregious at all. But I know we can all agree that a loss when they get to stew on it and make up referee conspiracies is so much more entertaining.

Just saw above: it didn't even take 24 hours for the newspaper to write a list of bad calls. Sad!

33. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Refs were screwing Bama. UGA lucky it was close

34. MauldinT

MauldinT
    Expand Collapse
    The pride of Simpsonville

How bad is it to be Auburn right now ? Six weeks ago, just beat Bama, heading to the SEC championship. Looks around today, lost SEC championship, lost to UCF, and their biggest rival, who they beat wins the natty....still laughing my ass off at them

35. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

And you give an extension to the coach you were ready to fire before the season.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)