Facilities Thread

Discussion in 'DVU' started by orangeonmymind, Aug 1, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 65 users.
  1. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Those are some very unflattering pictures of the players lounge. You'd think he would take better pictures that actually represent the awesomeness

2. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

College me would absolutely attempt #10, and probably be injured very badly.

Doc Louis, fishking, DC3 and 3 others like this.
  3. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

4. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

First thing I thought of when I read that weight limit.

Doc Louis and Tony Perkis like this.
  5. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Guys, look...I hate to be the one to shit on the party here, but somebody has to say it. How are we going to keep up with USC now that all of that SEC money is flowing in? They're going to do laps around us. They told me so.

#320 19B, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  6. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Shit. College me wouldn't even make it to Rule #1; probably couldn't read it through the haze of alcohol and drugs. Which I'm pretty sure means #2-10 don't apply.

Cutig likes this.
  7. OrangeONeill

OrangeONeill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I really like that the felt the "no high heels" rule was required. It really is going to be a playground.

Adam and tboon6317 like this.
  8. Al Bundy

Al Bundy
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

If you could get all the coaches out of town, a couple hundred kegs, and a water hose to the top of that slide you could throw a helluva party.

Doc Louis, Styx, OrangeONeill and 6 others like this.
  9. tigerpawtattoo

tigerpawtattoo
    Expand Collapse
    ...thinking bout Tiger stuff
    RCUSA Original

Dabo should rent that thing out for birthday parties. :dabs:

Clemson327 likes this.
  10. RIP Tiger Tails

RIP Tiger Tails
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Imagine having a formal there :obamawipe:

Animal Mother and Clemson327 like this.
  11. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Dibs on nap room.

MauldinT, Doc Louis, Styx and 3 others like this.
  12. J_E

J_E
    Expand Collapse
    God Bless Dabo

I would have drunken public sex everywhere in that building if I were to be at a formal there.

13. Aitch

Aitch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Because Of #4; I would absolutely ride a skateboard down the slide. It would be a morale imperative.

OrangeONeill likes this.
  14. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Yep. As soon as I saw the players lounge I started thinking about how fun it'd be to sneak beer in there. Throw in the pools and a slide? :gatsby:

15. Shinedou

Shinedou
    Expand Collapse
    Ruh roh
    RCUSA Original

[​IMG]

16. mbnativeson

mbnativeson
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

They are redoing the tennis center as well. The plan was to add some walking path Berns between Riggs and the tennis center. That will be welcomed addition for post football traffic heading downtown.

They have also spent several hundred grand in littlejohn making small changes or alterations to the practice areas and some fan areas. We may spend every dollar but Clemson isn't falling behind in facilities while Neff and DRad have the keys.

17. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

18. mooser3586

mooser3586
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

You guys make the shortlist?

19. orangeonmymind

orangeonmymind
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Yeah, you know who else?

20. mooser3586

mooser3586
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Haven't heard any other names

21. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

22. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Kayak...

Aitch likes this.
  23. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

24. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

Wait, what? Did he find out his ex wife was banging an ex Clemson player too or what? There's no reason for him to be that salty

u jelly likes this.
  25. Animal Mother

Animal Mother
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere in here but what is the story behind the guy the building is named after? Just a big swinging dick that dropped a lot of cash?

26. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

Someone said he owned a bunch of car dealerships but recently passed away.

27. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

28. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

Dude can provoke some feels when he speaks...

29. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

This isnt even coming from watching the above video, but all the things Dabo said about the facility, his commitment to Clemson outside of football, as well how his family feels here; I just feel like he isnt leaving anytime soon, even if Bama came calling. This is now home to him and his family. That family loves this place, its genuine, and it starts at the top.

It would take a change in direction from the school altogether to see him leave IMHO

30. JocasseeTiger

JocasseeTiger
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Even if Bama came knocking, only an idiot would step into Saban's shoes right after he leaves. I would be worried about him leaving 2-4 years after Saban's replacement is hired.

31. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Cocks think Muschamp might get a call from Bama when Nick leaves

32. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

33. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Take a tour of Clemson's ridiculously cool new facility
    David M. Hale

CLEMSON, S.C. -- For months, Clemson's coaches have been outfitting recruits in hardhats and walking them through the framework of the program's future. Now, that future is all but open for business.

The Tigers showcased their new football complex for media on Jan. 31, and it's a doozy.

The coaches have moved in, and 99 percent of the construction is complete, according to Thad Turnipseed, the school's director of recruiting and external affairs. Some of the details are still in progress, however. The equipment is being assembled in the weight room, boxes are still being unpacked and, as Turnipseed said, the graphics around the building are only about 75 percent done, thanks to some late changes due to that pesky national championship Clemson just won.

What's pretty clear, however, is that the $55 million project is a marvel, and Turnipseed said Clemson definitely "got a lot of bang for the buck."

The 142,000 square foot facility has plenty of football perks. The coaches offices and team meeting rooms are beautifully appointed, the locker room is enormous, there's a 23,000 square foot weight room, a gleaming cafeteria with giant televisions, a hydrotherapy room and much more. No detail was overlooked.

The hill and the slide
    [​IMG]

Two items that have gotten plenty of advanced attention are the two means of getting from the second to the first floor without taking the stairs.

Inside the main lobby, visitors can get a look at the re-creation of the hill into Death Valley, while a few hundred feet away, a slide offers an even more direct route to the main floor. The slide, Turnipseed said, was coach Dabo Swinney's idea. It came to him after seeing one at the Google headquarters in the movie "The Internship."

The barber shop
    [​IMG]
    David M. Hale/ESPN.com

You might not know it by looking at some of the scraggly beards of Clemson's players, but proper grooming is a necessity. No problems there. The Tigers have a shop in the building that makes for an easy opportunity for a trim.

The nap room
    [​IMG]

Getting up early to study film or go to class can leave players in need of a little extra sleep later in the day. Clemson is prepared. A "nap room" features comfortable recliners, a glowing fish tank for soothing white noise and, of course, bunk beds. No offensive linemen on the top bunks -- for safety.

Players' lounge
    [​IMG]

Every player needs a break from the grind, and there are plenty of ways to relax while keeping those competitive juices flowing in the players' lounge. Shuffleboard, pingpong and pool tables are set up. Behind those, a two-person bowling lane stretches along the back wall. There's Pop-A-Shot basketball and a Pac-Man arcade for old-school games but also a brilliant golf simulation room, too.

Outdoor village
    [​IMG]

The outdoor play area -- and acre-and-a-half of luxury, is the coup de grace of the facility, Turnipseed said. Two nights ago, Turnipseed and defensive coordinator Brent Venables tested out one of the fire pits and relaxed for a while. "It's the most unique part," Turnipseed said. "The players are going to love that village." There's plenty of seating and fire pits but also an outdoor movie theater, a full basketball court, a nine-hole putt-putt golf course, sand volleyball pit and -- a popular item among the players -- a whiffle ball field.

And they're not done.

The lobby of the building will be open for visitors, with plenty of cool items to check out, including trophies. But Turnipseed said Clemson is still working on a plaza in front of the building to celebrate this year's national championship.

fishking, Tigers, mooser3586 and 3 others like this.
  34. Billdozer

Billdozer
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

35. Papa

Papa
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Oh.....so close

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)