Clemson Baseball

Discussion in 'DVU' started by Tigerchan, Apr 10, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 80 users.
  1. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Feel like we should have one of these. I can't imagine any way JL survives this year. Any thoughts on who we should go after? I like the idea of going after a local/regional guy like Monte Lee at CofC. Would give us some nice in state and lowcountry recruiting connections.

2. Tigers

Tigers
    Expand Collapse
    All around cool guy
    Staff Member

Bobby cox

3. CoastalOrange

CoastalOrange
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Any new 'cruits lately? Do they have good enough facial hair for our coach?

4. theCountryGentleman

theCountryGentleman
    Expand Collapse
    I feel like I'm on a spaceship...
    RCUSA Original

#4 theCountryGentleman, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Phil Miller likes this.
  5. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

pitcher Matthew Mancino (6-0, 155 lbs.) from Larchmont, New York (Suffield Academy) committed to Clemson on Friday according to his twitter account.
    Some of the other schools that had interest in Mancino included College of Charleston, Florida Gulf Coast, Florida International, High Point, Ohio State, Penn State, Sacred Heart, San Diego State, St. Joseph's, Tulane, UNLV, UNC-Greensboro, Winthrop and others.

"Coach Lee first saw me at Perfect Game this week in Georgia, on Sunday night," Mancino told TigerNet. "He said he wanted to get me on campus before I went back home to New York. I came into long relief yesterday and coach (Bradley) LeCroy was there and i threw really well. Today at Clemson, Coach Lee asked about my interest in Clemson, and i had told him it had been my dream school since my freshman year."

Manicino said he likes what he sees out of Clemson's new facilities.

"I didn't get a chance to see the new player facilities because they aren't finished yet, but I have seen what they are going to look like and it's incredible," he said. "Along with the weight room and everything else, CLemson will definitely have one of the best facilities in the country."

Matthew is from the same high school as current freshman defensive lineman Christian Wilkins.

6. MedicalTiger

MedicalTiger
    Expand Collapse
    Pessimist, MD
    RCUSA Original

[​IMG]
    JAGs. JAGs everywhere!

7. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Perfect game unrated. RHP, 83 mph fastball

8. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Clemson has received a commitment form 2017 left-handed pitcher Jack Stamler (6-1, 190 lbs.) from Greenville, S.C. (J.L. Mann) on Saturday afternoon.

Other schools that had interest included The Citadel, Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.

Perfect Game Scouting Report: Jack Stamler is a 2017 LHP/1B with a 6-1 190 lb. frame from Greenville, SC who attends JL Mann. Medium frame, strong athletic young build with remaining room to fill. Pithes from a high three quarters arm slot with a long arm action. Online delivery with compact mechanics, maintains balance well throughout his delivery. 1-7 break on curveball with good depth, maintains arm speed well on straight changeup and keeps it down in the zone effectively, maintained velocity well.Pull approach at the plate, good leverage, creates lift in swing, short to the ball with good extension through contact, power potential with strength gains. Good student. Named to the Southeast Underclass Showcase Top Prospect Team.

:bidkmybffjill:

Someone on TI posted this:

However we lost the # 1 RHP from next door Liberty,S.C to the cocks today....he visited Clemson today and committed to the cocks this evening

I'm guessing they offered him a bigger scholarship? Baseball recruiting is a different animal.

9. stevesmoothie

stevesmoothie
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Mann had Nichols that is going to South Carolina and a rising senior mikes going to coastal and stamler was by far the best we faced from them....his pickoff move is incredible as well

10. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Clemson landed a baseball commitment on Thursday night from left-handed JUCO prospect Andrew Towns from Walters State Community College in Morristown, Tennessee.
    Towns had offers from Kennesaw State, Liberty, and Western Kentucky and had heavy interest from Louisville, Missouri, and Tennessee.

TigerNet.com spoke to him on Friday, and he had great things to say about Clemson. "I visited about a week ago," said Towns. "I have been talking with Coach Lee since then and committed last night."

His visit to Clemson sold him on being part of the Clemson program. "It's amazing. I loved it when I visited and loved the tradition. Excited about the opportunity to be part of such a historic program. It's awesome. I love that it is a true college town."

The facilities were also very impressive to the prospect. "Definitely a big upgrade (facilities) from JUCO! The locker room was not finished while I was on my visit, but all other facilities were very impressive."

"I have yet to meet Coach See, but I like all the other coaches. Definitely a great staff to keep the winning tradition going at Clemson."

He finished up saying that he is "ready to work and help the team in anyway necessary".

In 2014, Towns finished the season 7-3 with a 3.84 ERA, 88 K's and 24 walks in 22 appearances including eight starts.

Phil Miller likes this.
  11. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Ok, this does seem to be getting a little out of hand, but I'm not going to put too much in to his first class. Would like to see studs after his first full year.

12. Phil Miller

Phil Miller
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I'd imagine this juco and juco catcher come in this year to replace recruits we lost. Just filling in. We could definitely use a starter that is ready immediately so hopefully this juco can eat up some innings.

Don't worry about next class. Lee has a plan. We will be better.

DMX likes this.
  13. brobson

brobson
    Expand Collapse
    it's only unthinkable if you don't think it
    First 38

14. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

2017 outfielder Sam Hall from Hampstead, North Carolina has committed to Clemson on Thursday according to his Twitter account.
    Perfect Game profile - Sam Hall is a 2017 OF/MIF with a 6-2 185 lb. frame from Hampstead, NC who attends Topsail HS. Large frame with long, lean, well-proportioned build, very projectable with room for additional strength, mass. Primary outfielder, has shown ability to play middle infield adeptly at other Perfect Game events. Moves well to the ball in the outfield, good actions with quick transfer, can rush through release at times, but shows strong arm and accurate throws with good, easy carry to bases. Right handed hitter, wide base and slightly open stance, slightly uphill path, maintains solid balance. Easy rhythm with fluidity, quick hands and good bat speed to get barrel through zone, balls carry to the pullside. Looks the part on both sides of ball, good athlete, ran a 6.87 60-yard dash, projects very well. Outstanding student.

He plays for summer baseball for Team Elite Prime.

clemsonvianj and fishking like this.
  15. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I don't remember so much baseball recruiting being reported on. Now we get these lower tier players and there's a blurb on ever one

16. Pawpride

Pawpride
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Isn't Elite Prime that stud baseball program that is littered with D1 players?

17. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I foolishly posted that without looking him up. Still surprised with how much the recruiting is being publicized, but Sam Hall is a certified blue chipper (9.5 on Perfect Game).

Sam Hall is a 2017 OF/MIF with a 6-2 185 lb. frame from Hampstead, NC who attends Topsail HS. Large frame with long, lean, well-proportioned build, very projectable with room for additional strength, mass. Primary outfielder, has shown ability to play middle infield adeptly at other Perfect Game events. Moves well to the ball in the outfield, good actions with quick transfer, can rush through release at times, but shows strong arm and accurate throws with good, easy carry to bases. Right handed hitter, wide base and slightly open stance, slightly uphill path, maintains solid balance. Easy rhythm with fluidity, quick hands and good bat speed to get barrel through zone, balls carry to the pullside. Looks the part on both sides of ball, good athlete, ran a 6.87 60-yard dash, projects very well. Outstanding student.

18. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

2016 right-handed pitcher Travis Marr from Castle Rock, Colorado (Regis Jesuit HS) committed to Clemson over his other finalists Arkansas and Auburn on Friday afternoon.

TigerNet.com spoke with Marr on Friday afternoon and he was "very excited to be a Tiger and honored."

Marr is ready to play for new Clemson baseball coach Monte Lee. "Just excited to play for Coach Lee and I think it is a great fit. I love him! I think he's a great new young coach that tells you straight up and is something that will bring a lot of fire to Clemson!"

The highly regarded prospect enjoyed his visit this week in Clemson. "I just got back today! I love it! The new players facility is amazing! Loved campus! Baseball stadium is one of the coolest!"

The Clemson coaching staff is recruiting him as a right-handed pitcher but will also give him the opportunity to play first base.

He hit .382 with two home runs and 12 RBI in 22 games in 2014. As a pitcher, he was 2-1 with a 3.68 ERA with 30 strikeouts and 19 walks in 38 innings pitched. He has a 90 MPH fastball, 80 MPH changeup and a 74 MPH curveball.

His high school team finished 12-13 last season.

Perfect Game Profile: Travis Marr is a 2016 RHP/1B with a 6-3 195 lb. frame from Castle Rock, CO who attends Regis Jesuit HS. Extra large frame with broad shoulders, very impressive athletic build, very projectable. Easy, loose arm-action with ability to get over frontside, create big extension. Works to high three quarter's arm slot, stays balanced well throughout delivery, uses lower-half well. Fastball up to 90 mph, shows heavy life in the bottom of the strike zone, tough for opposing hitters to square up. Flashes sharp 11/5 curveball, big depth, will occasionally show more gloveside finish but still maintains solid depth. Changeup in low-80s, showed some feel for offering with solid armspeed. Excellent student.

19. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Marr is another PG 9.5

Pawpride, tigerpawtattoo and fishking like this.
  20. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

2017 outfielder Sam Hall from Hampstead, North Carolina has committed to Clemson on Thursday according to his Twitter account.

The highly regarded prospect chose the Tigers over Georgia Tech and North Carolina State.

In 2014, he hit .434 with three home runs, 23 RBI's, 27 hits and 26 runs scored.

Perfect Game profile - Sam Hall is a 2017 OF/MIF with a 6-2 185 lb. frame from Hampstead, NC who attends Topsail HS. Large frame with long, lean, well-proportioned build, very projectable with room for additional strength, mass. Primary outfielder, has shown ability to play middle infield adeptly at other Perfect Game events. Moves well to the ball in the outfield, good actions with quick transfer, can rush through release at times, but shows strong arm and accurate throws with good, easy carry to bases. Right handed hitter, wide base and slightly open stance, slightly uphill path, maintains solid balance. Easy rhythm with fluidity, quick hands and good bat speed to get barrel through zone, balls carry to the pullside. Looks the part on both sides of ball, good athlete, ran a 6.87 60-yard dash, projects very well. Outstanding student.

He plays summer baseball for Team Elite Prime.

21. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Another 9.5 guy. The quality of our last few commits is impressive.

Adam, Pawpride and fishking like this.
  22. 19B

19B
    Expand Collapse
    A jelly doughnut?
    RCUSA Original

Does Marr really talk in all exclamation points? That's a weird thing to add when you're transcribing an interview/quotes. I mean, interview/quotes!

TheWampa likes this.
  23. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

is that three straight 9.5s? nice.

edit: just two. but strong run anyway.

24. cuz28

cuz28
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Sorry, not buying this. The academic common market doesn't apply to colorado. Clemson can't recruit anyone without that advantage that UNC, Vandy, and UVA don't have but TCI acts like we do.

25. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Leggett himself disproved this. Signed a handful of 9.0+ guys every year

26. cuz28

cuz28
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I wasn't being serious. Just poking fun at TCI.

27. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

re-reading my reply i'm not even sure what i meant, since i figured you were mocking thorne in the first place

cuz28 likes this.
  28. brobson

brobson
    Expand Collapse
    it's only unthinkable if you don't think it
    First 38

Richie Shaffer hit his first major league home run tonight. This is directly after it.

29. CUvinny

CUvinny
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

30. the great pumpkin

the great pumpkin
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Kyle Parker with his first career HR last night also.

31. White Tajh Boyd

White Tajh Boyd
    Expand Collapse
    National Championship Team
    RCUSA Original

32. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

2016 RHP/1B Andrew Coker from Hartsville, South Carolina (Hartsville HS) has committed to Clemson on Thursday according to multiple reports.

Coker committed to Clemson after playing in the 8th annual Palmetto Games which is an invite-only event for the top prospects in South Carolina. Coker was named the most outstanding pitcher at the event.

He has multiple pitches including a fastball (86 MPH), changeup (72 MPH) and a breaking ball (73 MPH). His 60-yard dash time is 7.60.

Hartsville has won three straight Region 6-3A titles.

Dirty Ears Bill likes this.
  33. Papa

Papa
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Waiting for @Adam to tell me how to feel

Adam likes this.
  34. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

he has no perfect game profile and his velocity seems really low for a rising senior RHP.

Papa likes this.
  35. White Tajh Boyd

White Tajh Boyd
    Expand Collapse
    National Championship Team
    RCUSA Original

Montee needs a graphics guy, or at least an intern/work study.

cuz28 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)