2019 Recruiting Thread : All the recruits belong to Clemson

Discussion in 'DVU' started by Aitch, Feb 15, 2017.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 65 users.
  1. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Ok sure, I agree we are different. Does our culture crumble if we don’t have players with the names Swinney, Trapp, Dawkins, Davis, and Spector?

I don’t even have a problem with either Spector, it’s the stupid logic.

Styx likes this.
  2. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

They are selling their current success in year 2 under Kirby and probably the fact that the rest of the SEC is garbage and they need them to overtake Bama. They also have a lot of playing time to sell after this season.

They’ve always recruited well. They are in one of the most talent rich states in the country.

3. Styx

Styx
    Expand Collapse
    Pour the bourbon and let the season begin.
    RCUSA Original

I am sure everyone has been waiting anxiously for my statement regarding the younger Spector scholarship. I think this will probably surprise you. I don't really have a problem with this kid getting a scholarship. Here is my thought process before you choke on your lunch.

Brannon Spector has good size, speed, and athleticism to play the 5 position in our WR group. He also has those prerequisite measureables to play either safety spot and some nickel. He showed out athletically at camp. And he is a tough kid, just like his brother is a tough head knocker type safety prospect, just like his dad was a tough as fuck WR back in his day.

I don't put this take, nor the takes of his brother, nor Venables, nor Kendall Joseph, nor Ryan Carter in nearly the same category as the takes of Greenlee, the Davis twins, Trapp, and Dawkins. They aren't the same in my opinion.

It comes down to who has potential to be a real legitimate player and who is just along for the feel good ride and gets gifted snaps that are unjustified. Brannon and Baylon Spector have the right amount of measureables in size and athleticism for their positions. I personally think Brannon is ultimately a safety like his brother.

4. SackLodge

SackLodge
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Not one person has said it’s the key ingredient. Carter and Joseph were not late takes. Spector we’ve had in camp a bunch and he’s been a standout. He has freakish athletic ability. Zero problems with the take.

Keywan1474 likes this.
  5. Jake Scott

Jake Scott
    Expand Collapse
    DVU Southeastern Recruiting Analyst

He was/is selling PT. He also has a staff that recruits non-stop. Kirby is relentless himself. Sam Pittman has a notebook where he hand writes kids letters constantly. People adore Pittman. Schumann is really young, kids like that. Dell “sweet dick” McGee was a head coach in ga and has a lot of connections. Oddly, kids and parents love Chaney. That blows my mind.

We also have a large support staff with a heavy recruiting focus. Jonas Jennings being a huge piece.

But from all reports, every main rival we recruit against gave kids the “wait and see if he can coach” line and it backfired at this point.

Richt didn’t recruit after 06/07 range. Bobo did and he too was a tad lazy as everyone here knows and loves. Then Pruitt got here and started killing it on the D side.

And last but not least, we are making it rain.

6. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

...............I'm listening.

Clemson327 and Jake Scott like this.
  7. Jake Scott

Jake Scott
    Expand Collapse
    DVU Southeastern Recruiting Analyst

If you’re the mother, father, handler, etc of a 5* RB, you can get it.

8. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

People have said the “family environment” created by these guys and the example they set is a big part of why we are signing great classes and doing well on the field.

Carter was absolutely a late take, so yeah you’re wrong there. Joseph wasn’t but he hard to work for his offer and did it on his own merit.

Styx likes this.
  9. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Can't you make the same case for Spector? I remember reading that he had a great camp, maybe I am wrong.

10. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Maybe. Definitely not for some of the other guys who wouldn’t be on the team if they had a different last name.

Styx likes this.
  11. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

I doubt that Clemson takes either of Spector’s without the connection to Clemson, but both seem to be low-level P5 type prospects or high level Go5 types.

Definitely higher quantity than say Brian Dawkins Jr who I am not sure is even still with the team.

Styx likes this.
  12. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Carter basically had an offer in the fall, but it wasn't public because Dabo didn't want him viewed as a package deal for Nkemdiche.

13. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I understand Dabo said that, but Bob had committed to Ole Miss long before Carter committed and signed on signing day.

That's beside the point, Carter is basically an argument against accepting a legacy offer so early like this, not for.

Also, don't we have a 4-star legacy guy committed to Alabama? Bad character or not close enough family?

14. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Wynn wants to play DE and we offered him as a DT

15. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

So what? He's family and a highly recruited guy and we can't find a spot?

Spector is a junior and he doesn't know what he's going to play.

Styx likes this.
  16. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Wynn just isn't very good

17. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

We offered him a spot, he was not interested in what we offered.

18. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Ok... hasn't stopped us before.

Somehow good enough for Bama.

Styx and Keywan1474 like this.
  19. TigerTalk

TigerTalk
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

My eyes may have been deceiving me but when GT scored their TD we put in a "hands" team thinking they might onside (they kicked it to Ray Ray who was deep-ish). Included was Number 16.

20. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

21. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

He was. Got snaps on offense too.

22. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Who is 16?

23. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

Swinney

24. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

Will mother fucking Swinney

Clemson327 and a congressman like this.
  25. Codename Duchess

Codename Duchess
    Expand Collapse

After seeing some of the snaps he's had to handle from our long snapper this season I can see why Swinney is on he hands team.

26. clemsontyger04

clemsontyger04
    Expand Collapse
    Two Offensive Coordinators are better than 1
    First 38

First PAT snap Saturday was horrific. Impressive job to catch it and get it down for Spence.

27. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Drew Swinney is a senior at Daniel, so I guess we'll have to be more specific next year.

:selfie:

Clemson327 and u jelly like this.
  28. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Yes, yes we will.

29. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

His head coach:

“He’s a hard worker, I tell you what,” Fruster said. “He comes in and he straps those boots up every day. I can’t tell you of a time that I’ve ever seen him take a play off. It’s just not in his DNA. He comes to work with a hard hat on, a worker’s mentality. He competes, he wants to make himself better and he wants to make everybody else better.”

Like his father, being a leader comes natural for Drew.

“What he’s great at is being an example,” Fruster said. “He’s a great example for the ones around him. He’s a natural leader, and he’s doing his best to try to get this team behind him and get them to go as he goes.”

Sounds like a great fit. Should really re-enforce the unselfish culture in the WR room. He's #5 right now so Tee Higgins will have to give his number up, but I'm sure that won't be a problem.

30. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

Which swinney is the famous lawyer in Atlanta?

31. a congressman

a congressman
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Shoot. Will has extremely solid hands. Have you seen the snaps he's had to handle this year?

We should easily have 3-4 botched snaps, but he's bailed us out.

32. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It's sad we can't find a kicker or LS on a championship level team. You'd think guys would line up to play at those spots for us. We need a Dabo special lunch pail five heart long snapper legacy. Those guys don't have to be big

33. Dabo's Dance Coach

Dabo's Dance Coach
    Expand Collapse

I'd be a little worried if he didn't show up every day with his helmet on.

Clemson327, gvtiger07 and Cutig like this.
  34. Dirty Ears Bill

Dirty Ears Bill
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

This is my only current peeve with the staff. Special teams cost us a national championship 2 years ago and supposedly we focused on it a bit more and things definitely got better last year, and hey we won a natty.

Now they're right back to being in the shitter. I know Greg getting hurt was kind of a freak thing, but when you're using 2 scholarships on a kicker, the backup should at least be able to hit 30 yarders consistently. Scrambling to tryout some random student who wasn't even good in high school is not something we should have to do after one injury.

a congressman, Styx and DMX like this.
  35. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Kicking game sucks for sure, but are you saying you have a problem with the personnel we use on STs?
    I'm pretty sure the player who cost us the national title on STs was our blue chip, NFL-bound starting safety Kearse

TheTigerMan likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)