2018 recruiting thread - Help us BT Potter. You’re our only hope.

Discussion in 'DVU' started by cuwoodchipper, Jul 28, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 114 users.
  1. 4forheisman

4forheisman
    Expand Collapse

I was at the beach showing a friend of mine his highlights in June while it rained 1 day and Monday turned into both of our DB man crush of the year.

2. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

Anna CB'ed Lyn-J Dixon to Clemson

3. 4forheisman

4forheisman
    Expand Collapse

Clemson247 teased on Sunday evening that Clemson would be getting a notable running back prospect on campus this upcoming weekend on an official visit.

Well, we can now tell you that running back is Lyn-J Dixon, a former Tennessee pledge.

Dixon (5-10 1/2, 180) added an offer from the Tigers back in July before visiting for the All-In Cookout. The Butler (Ga.) Taylor County four-star product hasn't returned to Clemson since.

But communication between Dixon and the Clemson staff, namely co-offensive coordinator/running backs coach Tony Elliott, has been rather consistent going back to the beginning months of last year.

Dixon pledged to Tennessee on June 24, a week before nabbing his Clemson offer. He de-committed from the Vols on Oct. 14.

Clemson values longstanding relationships, so the door is open for Dixon to pull the trigger on a commitment this weekend or shortly thereafter.

I wrote previously that running backs Jashaun Corbin, Asa Martin, and Mychale Salahuddin are still interested in Clemson, especially Corbin. So the Tigers will have options to move on should Dixon not jump on board.

But honestly, I don't forsee Clemson's pursuit of a running back in 2018 extending much more into the future.

Author
    Anna Hickey

a congressman and FlyingTiger11 like this.
  4. 4forheisman

4forheisman
    Expand Collapse

Jinx lol

Tony Perkis likes this.
  5. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Senior stats for Trevor Lawrence:

40 TDs, 1 INT, 3148 passing yards, 200 rushing yards, 71% Completion, 151 QBR.

:wooo:

6. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Would rather try and take Corbin over Dixon. Never been much of a Dixon fan.

clemsonvianj likes this.
  7. NST

NST
    Expand Collapse

I like Corbin better too, but I like Dixon. Think he's in the mold of Ellington and McDowell, who both had great success here.

8. Tony Perkis

Tony Perkis
    Expand Collapse

Is that good

jcmatth, u jelly and TheWampa like this.
  9. Tigerchan

Tigerchan
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

40/1 is fucking outrageous.

Pawpride likes this.
  10. deutztiger

deutztiger
    Expand Collapse

We need to offer the guy who picked him off

11. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Brannon Spector? :prayer:

Clemson327, Pawpride, DMX and 2 others like this.
  12. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

It's been a long time since I've been this ready for a prospect to hit campus. In reality, I wonder how much we see if him next season. Bryant isn't the best, but he could lead us the the CFP NC game and returns next year. Add in another year for Johnson which I'm excited to see what he can do as well. Hard to see the staff playing him over those two.

13. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

If he’s as good as advertised I’ll bet he makes it interesting. Depends how quickly he can learn the playbook

14. hawk217

hawk217
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

He's an EE right? Would greatly increase his chances if he has 9 months on the training table.

15. geegecko

geegecko
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Lawrence is an EE. I believe 7 of the current 11 commits are EEs.

16. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I know this will piss some people off, but Bryant is EXTREMELY popular in the locker room. Got to be real careful with how this plays out or it will create some issues. Bryant has to lose the job more than Lawrence needs to win it.

17. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

In/5 pages minimum :popcorn:

18. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I'm going into the off-season not expecting to see Lawrence. Interested to see the Bryant and Johnson battle play out.

19. HotButteredGrits

HotButteredGrits
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Sounds like coach speak BUT from two friends who went to luncheon last week where Streeter was speaking, he really likes Chase Brice. Complete QB in their eyes. Being redshirted. #QBU

20. mbnativeson

mbnativeson
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I think the redshirt also helps keep him around if/when Cooper or Johnson decide to transfer.

21. 4forheisman

4forheisman
    Expand Collapse

Hey look if Bryant takes us to the playoffs, then it's his job until he gets injured or graduates. Just my 2 cents.

22. HunterPKP

HunterPKP
    Expand Collapse

Yep, he will have earned the right for it to be his team.

a congressman likes this.
  23. 4forheisman

4forheisman
    Expand Collapse

The real question should be: what 3 people start next to Big Dex next year?

24. Keywan1474

Keywan1474
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I feel like this is only half true. The defense has carried us most games and we didn't have anyone better than KB to win us games at qb. I think that changes next year. Bryant gets too much credit for these wins.

25. 4forheisman

4forheisman
    Expand Collapse

The question then becomes. If Bryant wasn't injured, are we undefeated right now? I think the answer is hell yes.

26. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Bryant has obvious limitations but your'e crazy if you don't see that he's contributing significantly.

27. cuwoodchipper

cuwoodchipper
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr

#10 nationally.

Bentley is #43 :chuckle:

28. Aaron Nevilles Pet Tick

Aaron Nevilles Pet Tick
    Expand Collapse
    Dabo Wizard
    RCUSA Original

Talked about it at tailgate. My predictions are this:

-Cooper transfers this winter.
    -Lawrence comes in, blows everybodys nips off
    -Johnson struggles this spring, realizes he's not going to play here, transfers to somewhere in Indiana (where he can't enjoy a happy hour)
    -Bryant starts the season, Lawrence is the back up, Brice is happy to hold the clipboard
    -We win a few nattys

That's as far as I got.

29. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

Bryant play isn't going to elevate a team, but his play is good enough that it isn't going to cost the team on the balance. Bad QB play is the quickest way to sink a talented team. Everybody else on the roster would be a net negative in that department.

I don't think Bryant is good enough to the point where if he played for generic middle of the pack P5 team that anybody would talk about him. Nor would Bryant elevate them from the middle of the pack.

Keywan1474 likes this.
  30. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Agree generally but I think he elevated us vs. VT and maybe vs. Auburn (harder to remember that game).

31. Keywan1474

Keywan1474
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

I think he's our best option and he's helped the run game, but I think if Lawrence is who everybody says he is, then it will be a shame to see Lawrence on the bench. Bryant has benefited greatly from an elite defense.

32. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

Bryant's play can absolutely elevate a team if he's hitting deep balls the way he was the first half of the season. He can lead your rushing attack, make plays out of nothing, and move the ball through the air when he's dialed in. He threw the ball beautifully the first part of the season. Remember those deep outs and sideline ropes he was nailing against Auburn when the game was in doubt? He's had some WTF moments but has generally been good and done a good job of preventing turnovers.

33. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

Sure.

If Deon Cain is at his best, he is unstoppable, but Cain is most often goIng to be inconsistent, drop passes, etc.

Bryant had few good deep balls in a small sample size to start the season, but hasn’t throw in well the rest of his career.

More likely that Bryant just isn’t a good passer by and large, but agree if he gets hot and plays great he can elevate your team. So would many other QB if you took their best games.

Our conservative game plan also plus into his strengths by raking up short completions and minimizing TO.

#5598 triceratops, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:35 PM
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 5:40 PM
  34. Byrnes6d1

Byrnes6d1
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

200 rush yards for Lawrence ?

CAn he run or is he a drop back passer ? Our offense seems to use a mobile qb who has designed runs.

35. tigergrad00

tigergrad00
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

He's athletic enough to run some, but I wouldn't expect what we've been used to or seeing much zr

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)