2016 Clemson Football

Discussion in 'DVU' started by cuangler, Jan 12, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 112 users.
  1. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I guess it's time for this thread.

Any more news on potential early departures?

2. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

3. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

We have our defensive leader

4. tigerpawtattoo

tigerpawtattoo
    Expand Collapse
    ...thinking bout Tiger stuff
    RCUSA Original

I can honestly say that I love that kid.

5. culprit

culprit
    Expand Collapse

If he has that kind of offseason, he will be horrifying for opposing teams. Kid was a legit National Championship level DT as a Freshman. I can't wait to see what he will develop into.

Jeancooper, gvtiger07, Tigers and 9 others like this.
  6. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

Any news on Venables and KST

7. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

LW said there was nothing to it.

8. Byrnes6d1

Byrnes6d1
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Bv said in an interview he would never coach at kstate.

9. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

FWIW Ard says he fully expects us back in the CFP next season.

10. rdoanecu

rdoanecu
    Expand Collapse
    Tigers, Titans, Grizzlies
    First 38

#10 rdoanecu, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  11. Byrnes6d1

Byrnes6d1
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

We lose 2 starters on offense. Left guard and right tackle. I don't count Peale as a starter.

Our 2 de. Cb and safety. And middle lb ?

12. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

We'll be fine at De. Even with an extremely limited Lawson we went at times dominated Bamas front. Bryant will be great next year and our dts will be killers.

I hope Cain is a choir boy and busts his ass training away from the team this spring. If he, Scott, Williams, Renfrow, and rrm3 are all healthy adding in Leggett, Gallman and Deshaun that's as good as there's ever been on one offense. Nobody period will stop us.

Renfrow is an NFL guy all the way. He flat out whipped Bamas press man all night.

I'm very excited and pissed it's 8 months away

13. clemsonvianj

clemsonvianj
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

toughest games are @FSU, home vs Louisville, @Auburn, @BC and @GT (last three just because they're on the road with typically tough opponents). don't see the rest being any problem (depending on how Conner comes back for Pitt and who they bring back).

14. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

None of those games but FSU if they find a qb should be tough. Our offense will be too good.

15. DMX

DMX
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Next season really comes down to the defense since we know as long as Watson is out there we're scoring a lot of points. Already made peace with Mac and Dodd going pro.

At this point I hope the safeties both go pro.

Then you'll have some combination of Johnson, Wiggins, Smith and Gibson adding depth. Have to think we'll bring in a guy or 2 here if Green and Kearse both leave.

CB will look a little weak with Tankersly gone. His coming back will be key. Fields could turn in to a player on the opposite side. Chalmers is coming off of a redshirt. Carter and Baker are good depth guys. This will be the biggest question mark on the team if Tank leaves.

LB will be Boulware and likely O'Daniel, Chad Smith, Shaq, and Lamar playing most of the snaps with Joseph and Williams providing depth. Apparently Muse is here but not sure what to expect.

DL, we'll be ok. DT is loaded with talent. Bryant would appear to be a starter with Yeargin, Ferrell, and Basically no way Kelly redshirts. Appear to be dangerously thin here with good not great players. Have to wonder if Huggins or someone else moves outside. Doubtful Davis is ready to give us anything. I'm kind of wondering where we get a consistent pass rush here. Dodd and Lawson were 1 and 2 in the nation in TFL... That's insane.

Overall this will be much more of a challenge than what we had this past season. These guys stepping in were mainly upperclassmen and/or talented guys that had played a lot of snaps.

Kind of related but I really wouldn't mind seeing us offer a punter/kickoff guy like Pinion late. In the future I hope we offer scholarships only to guys that have this skill set since it's clear our only good PKs are walkons. Disappointed in Spence.

16. NST

NST
    Expand Collapse

Hope we work up a number 6 on Auburn, break our decade plus long losing streaks in Doak Campbell and Bobby Dodd, and run it to 3 in a row vs. USC.

Hard to get too excited right now, but feel like we've got a great shot at another 10 win season, and some landmark triumphs

cuz28, AC- and Irish Red Homebrew like this.
  17. FriendsofJtyler

FriendsofJtyler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Would imagine Kevin Steele has many sleepless nights ahead of him trying to figure out how to keep our offense under 600 yards.

Clemson327 and Pawpride like this.
  18. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Considering Ard picked us 9-3 or something this season and shat on the team for weeks, and probably hasn't been to Clemson in a year... I don't put any stock at all into his evals

19. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Defensive backfield is a major worry. DE a lesser worry. The rest of the position groups I feel good about.

a congressman likes this.
  20. phil brickma

phil brickma
    Expand Collapse
    Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins
    RCUSA Original

That just reminded me of how shitty our home schedule is. The silver lining is we should win at least 11 games. i'm glad we have Louisville at home because I think they are going to be vastly underrated going into next year. The seniors they really only lose are Sheldon Rankins and Burgess. As for who declares early, I have no idea.

21. Cutig

Cutig
    Expand Collapse
    My name is Rod, and I like to party
    RCUSA Original

I really hope we have a bye week in the middle of the season next year. Fuck that week 4 bye right in the ass

22. Aitch

Aitch
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Sitting in Vegas airport waiting on flight. I haven't seen anything confirming many of the players declaring early. I've assumed Lawson, Mac, Kearse, and Dodd are gone. I'd like to see Green and Tank stay. That would give us a starting line-up similar to this:
    image.png

The O will cause a lot of t of D-Coordinators to claim ouch my b-hole.

The D is still good, with some serious youth. I imagine if Green goes, it would be Van Smith or Gibson. Not sure what we have if Tank leaves.

This team can still win 10+ games, and make a run at the Peach.

a congressman and gocams like this.
  23. kylebw7

kylebw7
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Dabo needs to convince Dodd, Green, Watkins, and Tank to stay. That happens we don't have a single digit game all year

24. Adam

Adam
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

Who is definitely gone from the defense, either going pro early or just graduating or going pro in something other than sports?

25. Phil Miller

Phil Miller
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

Shaq, reader, goodson, blanks, mack are ones off top my head.

26. Heism4n

Heism4n
    Expand Collapse
    World Champ
    First 38

Ole Crissy made a prediction all they way from the beach?

clemsontyger04 likes this.
  27. Shinedou

Shinedou
    Expand Collapse
    Ruh roh
    RCUSA Original

Peach is a playoff game next season so that works for me.

CoastalOrange likes this.
  28. Doc Louis

Doc Louis
    Expand Collapse
    RCUSA Original

best in the business

Clemsonman10 likes this.
  29. tboon6317

tboon6317
    Expand Collapse
    Whenever feasible, one should try to eat the rude.
    RCUSA Original

I din't get the hate for Ard. He's had the best Clemson site forever. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he says obviously, and he had the same concerns about Dabo that most RCers voiced way back when and like many of has changed his tune since. 9-3 was a reasonable pick coming into this year, and saying we are going back to CFP is reasonable. Doesn't make it right necessarily.

Also, some TI rando saying he "has it on good authority" that Green, Tank, and Dodd are coming back. Hope like hell he is right.

30. triceratops

triceratops
    Expand Collapse

31. tigerbaitnatl

tigerbaitnatl
    Expand Collapse

You can't get more convenient for the Playoffs next year with the Peach Bowl in Atlanta and the championship in Tampa. I live in Atlanta and my sister lives in Sarasota (45 minutes south of Tampa). Ticket price and gas money to both is really the only expense outside of food/drinks/memorabilia. Considering I just dropped $5K on this past trip for my dad and I to go, next year would seem like shopping at Wal-Mart.

32. TCJ

TCJ
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

I just think he's lazy as shit. Not sure he was at a game all year (pretty sure he was not). I mean, great if you can make a living off of that, but many DVUers are more knowledgeable about Clemson sports than Ard. Unfortunately, he cannot handle any criticism of his evals.

a congressman likes this.
  33. rdoanecu

rdoanecu
    Expand Collapse
    Tigers, Titans, Grizzlies
    First 38

Dodd to the NFL. Right decision for him. Hope he has a great career. Lot of draft buzz around him.

34. brobson

brobson
    Expand Collapse
    it's only unthinkable if you don't think it
    First 38

Pumped about Gallman coming back.

That 2016 offense :praiseim:

35. cuangler

cuangler
    Expand Collapse
    First 38

No problem with Dodd leaving. Good luck to him.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)